Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minecraft Clone with OpenGL
Minecraft Clone Version 2 - Infinite Chunks  Smile

.zip   QB_Blocks_2_v0.1.0.zip (Size: 11.88 KB / Downloads: 116)
My old Minecraft Clone Posts: Minecraft Clone QB64 Forums
Check the latest post(s) for updates
Congratulations! love it! Lots of smoothing, fast rendering. It's good to see opengl, I started working with it not long ago, I regret not sooner, because I used a lot of 3d rendering in qb64, with _maptriangle. OpenGL is more complicated, but it's worth dealing with, you can make good lighting effects with it. I will follow the post, I hope you make many more interesting things!
I can say wonderful!

But more then mouse input I need to read in source code keyboard inputs: WASD + C+P+G+L+ Spacebar+ Leftshift+LCtrl
so I can appreciate fullfully your opera

Thanks for sharing

the next step will be managing mouse and keyboard in the same time! 
On my machine (notebook Lenovo ideapad) i am able to rotate the view OR move the observator in the place of rotate the view AND move the observator.
Wow! Very, very cool! +1 ...I want to go fishing in your world. Are the mouse left and right directions backwards? Sliding the mouse to the right causes the view to turn left. Keep going with this!  Smile
Big deal, I made one of these years ago, but in SCREEN 0. Oh wait, that was a single block, with a stick guy stuck in it. What did I name that? Oh yeah, MimeCraft.

Yeah, it's pretty cool alright, but I'm stuck in the fairway, on the first hole, and can't seem to find the flag. Next time I play, I'm bringing my MarioCart.

+2

Pete
New Update:
Users can destroy and place blocks except on chunk borders, Chunks remain unsaved.
Set Constant DEBUG = True for 3D Noise, which generates some caves. If it shows a white screen, its crashed Smile

.zip   QB_Blocks_2_v0.1.1.zip (Size: 12.91 KB / Downloads: 50)
Please someone help me in creating a new 3D Noise function, which uses less resources and is faster than this, and suggest a new fog colour
Thank You for all appreciations  Big Grin

Keybinds for who can't understand source code ...
WASD - Movement
Mouse - Left Click -> Destory Block
Right Click -> Place Block (Default = Stone)
F - Toggle Fly Mode
G - Toggle Fog
L - Toggle Load/Unload Chunk
(07-20-2024, 04:47 PM)aadityap0901 Wrote: New Update:
Users can destroy and place blocks except on chunk borders, Chunks remain unsaved.
Set Constant DEBUG = True for 3D Noise, which generates some caves. If it shows a white screen, its crashed Smile

Please someone help me in creating a new 3D Noise function, which uses less resources and is faster than this, and suggest a new fog colour
Thank You for all appreciations  Big Grin

Keybinds for who can't understand source code ...
WASD - Movement
Mouse - Left Click -> Destory Block
    Right Click -> Place Block (Default = Stone)
F - Toggle Fly Mode
G - Toggle Fog
L - Toggle Load/Unload Chunk

This looks very impressive, but in Linux (Debian Bookworm) I cannot move the view, and I cannot do anything at all with my window managers cursor. So I'm afraid I had to tab out and end the process.

It looks awesome though so I will try in Windows too.

I can tell you know what you're doing so this is probably Linux related!
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
New Update v0.1.2: Added Sun & Moon, Improved Block Placing and Destroying, Optimized Chunk Un-Loading & Loading

.zip   QB_Blocks_2_v0.1.2.zip (Size: 27.25 KB / Downloads: 22)
Please someone help me in building new fast 2d & 3d noise functions
Edit Placing Blocks has a bug right now, will fix in the next update, you can place blocks only when the player camera is 2 blocks above the block to be placed
Screenshots for those who can't try
[Image: 07222024225856.png]

[Image: 07222024225945.png]

[Image: 07222024230157.png]

[Image: 07222024230601.png]
New Update: Added Fog, fixed bugs from previous updates.

.zip   QB_Blocks_2_v0.1.3.zip (Size: 27.72 KB / Downloads: 56)
(07-23-2024, 07:22 AM)aadityap0901 Wrote: New Update: Added Fog, fixed bugs from previous updates.
very good ! I tried it. departure from the water. I have visited a larger area, it can be built well. congratulations!