Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64-PE v3.14.0 is now available
Something is broken - or I am missing now a dependency to compile my programs.
I am on Linux and compilation is terminated because "filesystem" is not found ...
Here is the relevant part of the compilelog.txt

Code: (Select All)
g++ -O2  -no-pie -std=gnu++17 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-conversion-null -DFREEGLUT_STATIC -I./internal/c/libqb/include -I./internal/c/parts/core/freeglut/include -I./internal/c/parts/core/glew/include -DDEPENDENCY_IMAGE_CODEC -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SOCKETS -DDEPENDENCY_NO_PRINTER -DDEPENDENCY_ICON -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SCREENIMAGE -DDEPENDENCY_AUDIO_MINIAUDIO -Wall internal/c/parts/audio/extras/libmidi/MIDIProcessor.cpp -c -o internal/c/parts/audio/extras/libmidi/MIDIProcessor.o
internal/c/parts/audio/extras/libmidi/MIDIProcessor.cpp:9:10: fatal error: filesystem: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
#include <filesystem>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
What am I missing here?
@Cybermonkey342 what version of gcc do you have?
(08-09-2024, 11:56 PM)DSMan195276 Wrote: @Cybermonkey342 what version of gcc do you have?
This is what gcc --version gives me:

Quote:gcc (SUSE Linux) 7.5.0
I am using openSUSE Leap 15.6.
to phoenix qb64 team: as always, thank you for this release.

opensuse is a pain in the rear. might have to hunt down the libraries one by one. my friend had to do that. basically any linux requires the following development libraries to use qb64:

* g++ (most important)
* libX11 (note capital "x")
* freeglut-mesa (sometimes known as "libglu1" or "glu-mesa" or alike. search combinations of "glu" and "mesa" with zypper)
* libpng (since phoenix qb64 3.11 or so)
* libcurl (for ide help system and unfinished "https" support in language)

take a look at setup_lnx.sh file that comes with qb64. there is no specific entry for suse, but it should be close to the fedora/rhel one. but you have to use zypper or yast program to search for specific libraries and install each one of them in development form.

note that you must specifically install g++. on some systems gcc is not sufficient because it does not install c++ compiler.

also note that on other system like debian, libcurl could be enrolled with something else like openssl. have to watch out for it.

tumbleweed is the active version of opensuse. make sure you are latest updated.

on any rolling release linux. please make sure you have done full system update before installing anything.
I am not using Tumbleweed but Leap in the latest version. Compiling with QB64 3.13.1 was no problem at all. So I had all dependencies installed.
I assume gcc version is too old and does not come with <filesystem>.
Compiling on my other machine running Linux Mint 22 is no problem, though. 
So at the moment I will stick with QB64 3.13.1 on openSUSE Leap 15.6
(08-10-2024, 04:47 PM)Cybermonkey342 Wrote: I assume gcc version is too old and does not come with <filesystem>.

I'm thinking that's the issue as well. Too old a version of gcc.  I would imagine an update to the latest version would probably fix the issue for you.  Wink
(08-10-2024, 03:10 PM)Cybermonkey342 Wrote:
(08-09-2024, 11:56 PM)DSMan195276 Wrote: @Cybermonkey342 what version of gcc do you have?

It is difficult to understand why this ancient version of GCC is included. I have SuSE Leap 15.5 under WSL 2, and GCC is version 13.2.1. I had to reinstall that as well.
If you have a complete SuSE, start Yast and look under GCC.
The new version runs great, the way you transfer your own settings to the IDE is downright professional. Great work!
On it a cold blonde... or two  Big Grin

[Image: 2Blonde.jpg]
(08-11-2024, 07:40 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote:

It is difficult to understand why this ancient version of GCC is included. I have SuSE Leap 15.5 under WSL 2, and GCC is version 13.2.1. I had to reinstall that as well.
I also wonder why. It's an upgrade from Leap 15.5. Yast also said something about GCC 7.5 ... Well, I have to dig deeper into that topic. Until then, I am using my other Linux powered PC with Mint 22. Wink
(08-11-2024, 07:40 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote:

I have version 7.5.0 also, using Mint Mate. Just now managed to compile and install 14.2.0 but --version still shows 7.5.0  There is definitely a /usr/local/gcc-14.2.0 folder, so the new one did install. How do I make the new one active? Can I simply remove the old one using apt?