Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identifying QB64pe version?
I can't seem to find the version number of QB64pe I'm using. Where can I find it?
HELP  -->  ABOUT.   Far top right menu item of IDE, Bottom of the list of options.
(09-09-2024, 10:29 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: HELP  -->  ABOUT.   Far top right menu item of IDE, Bottom of the list of options.

I am sooo embarrassed. I'm a Mac user (don't hold that against me) and I'm so used to seeing the Help menu on the left (after the Tools) I never even saw it there. I've been using QB64pe for a long time now and never even noticed the Help menu on the right. I searched the folders, opened the qb64pe.bas in my text editor, etc. 

Thank you so much!
You can also find it in (QB64pe-folder)\source\global\version.bas.   (Depending on wherever the QB64pe-folder is on your drive.)  But it's no where near as nicely presented there.  (But may be of use, if you have some need for knowing the version that you're compiling under, inside the program itself.)
The version number is also displayed in the IDE at the very bottom right of the IDE screen under the status area.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial