Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0.71 Info on compilation error
I attach the report of the failed compilation that I obtained.

With version 0.6, however, there were no errors.

Thank You

Attached Files
.txt   compilelog.txt (Size: 848 bytes / Downloads: 45)
Quote:internal\c\c_compiler\bin\c++.exe -w -DGLEW_STATIC -DFREEGLUT_STATIC -DDEPENDENCY_IMAGE_CODEC -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SOCKETS -DDEPENDENCY_NO_PRINTER -DDEPENDENCY_ICON -DDEPENDENCY_NO_SCREENIMAGE -DDEPENDENCY_LOADFONT -DDEPENDENCY_DEVICEINPUT -DDEPENDENCY_AUDIO_OUT internal\c/qbx.cpp -c -o internal\c/qbx.o
internal\c\c_compiler\bin\windres.exe -i internal\temp\icon.rc -o internal\temp\icon.o
internal\c\c_compiler\bin\objcopy.exe -Ibinary -Oelf64-x86-64 -Bi386:x86-64 internal\temp/data.bin internal\temp/data.o
internal\c\c_compiler\bin\ar.exe rcs internal\c/parts/input/game_controller/os/win/src.a
internal\c\c_compiler\bin\ar.exe: internal\c/parts/input/game_controller/os/win/src.a: No such file or directory
mingw32-make: *** [internal\c/parts/input/game_controller/build.mk:23: internal\c/parts/input/game_controller/os/win/src.a] Error 1

Do you have those files or directories as listed?

This looks bad:
internal\c/parts/input/game_controller/os/win/src.a

is that \c/ supposed the be C the hard drive that is supposed to be at base of path?
b = b + ...
I know the path looks odd but it's actually correct. `internal/c/...` is the path in the QB64 folder. On Windows either slash is allowed for these situations, so it works fine (There are cases were we do fix to all back slashes, but it would be a lot of extra work to do it everywhere and it's not necessary).

It seems like the gamepad build logic just doesn't work correctly, it looks like I'm missing a testcase for it: https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/...pile_tests

It should be easy enough to address, sorry about that.

Edit: I have a PR out to fix this issue here: https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/QB64pe/pull/101
(06-08-2022, 12:10 AM)DSMan195276 Wrote: I know the path looks odd but it's actually correct. `internal/c/...` is the path in the QB64 folder. On Windows either slash is allowed for these situations, so it works fine (There are cases were we do fix to all back slashes, but it would be a lot of extra work to do it everywhere and it's not necessary).

It seems like the gamepad build logic just doesn't work correctly, it looks like I'm missing a testcase for it: https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/...pile_tests

It should be easy enough to address, sorry about that.

Edit: I have a PR out to fix this issue here: https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/QB64pe/pull/101

Thank you all.

I confirm that the problem is present only in version 0.71 (the 0.6 works).

Wherever I put the QB64 folder and my project (on C:\; D:\; etc.) the result is always that mistake.

I tried with simpler projects and the compilation ended successfully. This would suggest that something in the code is incompatible with the 0.71 (with QB64 2.02 instead no problem) but does not explain why with the 0.6 everything works.
Welcome Smile There's a bit of a hick up with my CI tests failing, but I've confirmed the change itself is fine. I should hopefully have that in soon after I get the tests working and we could potentially put out a `v0.8.1` with this fix in it.

All of the build logic was redone in 0.7.0, so the issue appearing in 0.7.0 is not a huge surprise Smile I tried to make sure I had test cases for all of the potential dependencies but I missed this one.
(06-08-2022, 02:05 PM)DSMan195276 Wrote: Welcome Smile There's a bit of a hick up with my CI tests failing, but I've confirmed the change itself is fine. I should hopefully have that in soon after I get the tests working and we could potentially put out a `v0.8.1` with this fix in it.

All of the build logic was redone in 0.7.0, so the issue appearing in 0.7.0 is not a huge surprise Smile I tried to make sure I had test cases for all of the potential dependencies but I missed this one.

Ok thank you... meanwhile we take version 0.80 (which still has the compilation error) and we are waiting for the 0.81 .

Thanks for the welcome!
(06-09-2022, 06:34 AM)krovit Wrote: Version 0,81 release out, compile error resolved !

Thanks you !
Welcome Smile Note that there is an issue with the `C++ Compiler Settings..` menu in that version unfortunately - if you don't use it then it doesn't really matter, but a v0.8.2 will be coming soon with a fix for that.