Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odysee channel for QB64pe
Basically looks good. There's a lot of work in it. But . . . The problem with video instructions is that one often can't see anything because it is too small.

When I see what is being done, it is no longer so important that my English is not so well.

[Image: Leider-Zu-Klein2022-11-03.jpg]
You might need to increase the resolution, too. I think Odysee defaults to a fairly low resolution. At 1080p it should look pretty good (on an HD monitor). Thank you for the feedback, though. Next time, I'll increase the font size of my QB64 IDE so it will be easier to see what I'm doing.
Tread on those who tread on you

(11-03-2022, 04:30 PM)Spriggsy Wrote: You might need to increase the resolution, too. I think Odysee defaults to a fairly low resolution. At 1080p it should look pretty good (on an HD monitor). Thank you for the feedback, though. Next time, I'll increase the font size of my QB64 IDE so it will be easier to see what I'm doing.

My display resolution is: 1650 x 1050.
Thumbs Up 
Spriggsy thanks for the run through demonstrating the new Dialogs, pretty good for first timer.

It would help to see what you are typing and again thanks.
b = b + ...
I guess my monitor is so big I didn't realize how small it might look on the screens y'all have. But yeah, I'll increase the font size next time.

(11-03-2022, 05:06 PM)Spriggsy Wrote: I guess my monitor is so big I didn't realize how small it might look on the screens y'all have. But yeah, I'll increase the font size next time.

Or increase the video resolution that you record in.  My first mem video got complaints over lack of readability due to me trying to keep the size as small as possible to reduce bandwidth usage for folks.   Was a nice thought, but a bad idea, as nobody could ready the text once it scaled and blurred itself into oblivion.
(11-03-2022, 05:09 PM)SMcNeill Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 05:06 PM)Spriggsy Wrote: I guess my monitor is so big I didn't realize how small it might look on the screens y'all have. But yeah, I'll increase the font size next time.

Or increase the video resolution that you record in.  My first mem video got complaints over lack of readability due to me trying to keep the size as small as possible to reduce bandwidth usage for folks.   Was a nice thought, but a bad idea, as nobody could ready the text once it scaled and blurred itself into oblivion.

I'm recording in 1080p. I could record in 1440p but Windows Live Movie Maker is unable to handle resolutions greater than 1080p. Next time, I'll maybe edit with Adobe After Effects and then use Media Encoder to export the video. Might take me a lot longer.

(11-03-2022, 05:22 PM)Spriggsy Wrote:
(11-03-2022, 05:09 PM)SMcNeill Wrote:

I'm recording in 1080p. I could record in 1440p but Windows Live Movie Maker is unable to handle resolutions greater than 1080p. Next time, I'll maybe edit with Adobe After Effects and then use Media Encoder to export the video. Might take me a lot longer.

I'd recommend Open Broadcaster Software | OBS (obsproject.com) and OpenShot Video Editor | Download for a capture and edit set of software.  They're both free, and both very good at what they do.  Smile
Oh, my recorder is totally fine. Windows Live Movie Maker was the editor. That was the bottleneck. I have OBS and all that. I just wanted to get it done quickly and I'm really used to Windows Live Movie Maker.