Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 is a green programming language
Shocked 
I've been pointed at since the beginning. I'm sorry, I'm not going to say it here to remain off topic. Please go into "Off Topic" forum. Arrow
(12-17-2022, 06:02 PM)Pete Wrote: In other news, how's the Sea Monkey browser working out for the two of you? Is it faster than FireFox? I hate Avast Secure Browser, Opera has become worse by the version, Edge puts me on edge, so I was thinking of trying Sea Monkey out.

Pete

Forget it! I have used SeaMonkey on both Linux and Windows; the latter were the newer versions.
It ended up being a dead project from the start. Mozilla had reached the programming end with its browser, what should a group of "enthusiasts" there do? The end was in sight. SeaMonkey has long had the same engine as Firefox.

I have tried quite many browsers on Windows like Linux: The first was Mosaic (Windows), then probably Netscape, and finally IE 3.1. For me, IE was the best browser up to version 8.0. That is where the problems started; under Vista. IE 9 was a total disaster. I was forced to switch to Chrome, and that is where I am to this day - as my main browser.
For me, IE 7 was the best browser to date, for its time, and partly to this day. It was even cited as a reference browser in the Linux Magazin article about browsers on Linux.

My conclusion: Forget SeaMonkey!
https://www.falkon.org/download/

Note this is not the same as Konqueror, which is also by KDE. Sadly on 32-bit Slackware it needs to be recompiled. Seamonkey was insufficient and Palemoon is 64-bit only now. It forced me to download a package from Mozilla to hard-install Firefox because AppImage is format for 64-bit applications only. Otherwise I would have singlemindedly chosen the "Nightly".

I have Vivaldi installed in one of the distros I'm not going online with anymore. Disliked it. It insists, like Firefox, in screen elements I want hidden or deleted. Almost forgot: don't install Vivaldi if you don't like words suddenly outlined in red for you! There's no way to turn it off!

Watch out also that Midori is based on this Electron which is related to Chromium, so it now has some relation to Brave, Edge, Opera and too much else.
But if I upgrade, all I'll have is another falcon browser! Big Grin

And my friend from Deutsch-ney-land tell me to forget, ah forget... Okay well I guess that's taken care of.

[url=https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutschland][/url]Okay, looking at the falcom.com website as we speak. Hmm, kind of a boring intro. Maybe I could submit, "Is this your first visit here? It's about Falcon time! Ah, to be 13 again. That's still a few years away, for me. Big Grin

This concerns me a bit: "Since version 3.0, QupZilla is no longer developed and new version are released with Falkon name as a KDE project."

Pete
If eggs are brain food, Biden has his scrambled.

https://greenlab.di.uminho.pt/wp-content...eFinal.pdf