Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64-PE Patreon and Donations
@Dano, I'm Spriggsy, so you wouldn't be sending me any donation things.
Tread on those who tread on you

Jeez, looks like I was missing out on serious welfare opportunities back when the Team was in charge. Wonder how much Fellippe collected  Tongue

If the dontations exceed the website costs what happens with the rest? Never had this come up before. Asking for everyone.
Would suggest a Jackpot/Prize for things like the Banner contests or similar competitions, or save it to pay for other QB64 related needs (rising Website fees due to inflation etc.).
(03-16-2023, 06:11 AM)Sprezzo Wrote: Jeez, looks like I was missing out on serious welfare opportunities back when the Team was in charge. Wonder how much Fellippe collected  Tongue

If the dontations exceed the website costs what happens with the rest? Never had this come up before. Asking for everyone.

If the donations exceed the yearly cost, I'll simply buy a cheaper multi-year package and then nobody will have to worry about anything for the next several years.  If we somehow excessively exceed the costs, then we'll post for ideas on the forums here so folks can decide what they want to do with the excess -- try and pay someone to tackle some of the massively complex issues with QB64, or to add some new functionality to QB64, or to find a way to give it back to the community as Rho suggested above...  

We've always looked towards our user feedback for what bugs we need to try to fix and what functionality we need to add.  If we somehow end up with excess funding, I can't help but think that we'd end up doing the same for it.  After all, there's no one on the team here who's actually expecting to make a cent out of working on the project -- we're all just hobbyists enjoying working and tinkering to improve our hobby. 

Wink
Ah good point! The fund, godwilling there's excess, can be for bounties!
Okay guys, I just got our bill for yearly renewal for our domain and all.  The total this year is $262.82.  Our year's donations so far total to be right around $200.00 (a little less after paypal transfer fees).  If anyone wants to help donate to the remaining $65.00 cause, you can make a one time donation/transfer to my paypal account at:  https://paypal.me/smcneill1973

My personal income tends to come each month on the 3rd, so that's when I'll be making the finalized payment to renew QB64PE.com for another year for us.  If you want to donate, do so before then, or else it'll just end up being saved and go towards *next* year's bill instead.  Wink
Hi Sam, I have donated some money to the cause. QB64PE FOREVER Wink
10 PRINT "Hola! Smile"
20 GOTO 10
(03-17-2023, 11:22 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: Okay guys, I just got our bill for yearly renewal for our domain and all.  The total this year is $262.82.  Our year's donations so far total to be right around $200.00 (a little less after paypal transfer fees).  If anyone wants to help donate to the remaining $65.00 cause, you can make a one time donation/transfer to my paypal account at:  https://paypal.me/smcneill1973

My personal income tends to come each month on the 3rd, so that's when I'll be making the finalized payment to renew QB64PE.com for another year for us.  If you want to donate, do so before then, or else it'll just end up being saved and go towards *next* year's bill instead.  Wink

Hey "Lightning" McNeill, do you venmo or other pay service, for those of us who don't do paypal?
(03-24-2023, 06:22 PM)madscijr Wrote:
(03-17-2023, 11:22 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: Okay guys, I just got our bill for yearly renewal for our domain and all.  The total this year is $262.82.  Our year's donations so far total to be right around $200.00 (a little less after paypal transfer fees).  If anyone wants to help donate to the remaining $65.00 cause, you can make a one time donation/transfer to my paypal account at:  https://paypal.me/smcneill1973

Hey "Lightning" McNeill, do you venmo or other pay service, for those of us who don't do paypal?

Nope.  Paypal or Patreon; that's the choices.  Wink