Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love and War (FPS shooter and builder game in -QB64)
(02-21-2023, 12:24 PM)MasterGy Wrote: [Image: qqqqqqq.jpg]

Thanks for checking out ping. I think 20-30 ms is already too much for a shooting game. Sad

I always use an older version of QB64. I downloaded version 3.6.0 and I was surprise by its knowledge.
Now I understand why the sound of the game was not working properly based on feedback.

Those who use a newer version should change this when converting:

Can someone tell me how this new sound function works? What is he doing ?

Heck, I think 20 to 30ms is rather good myself. I don't see any better ping rates playing on Steam.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
Hello !

Unfortunately, I canceled the rented server due to lack of interest. Now I have collected everything in one package. It also includes the game, the server program, and documentation. The storage of the rooms and the management of the gameplay are all done by the server. It can be useful for studying network operation. At home, on a local network, you can play with each other on several computers.

If someone could put the server program in a place where everyone can access it, that would be great.

Thanks to everyone who tried it! Terry, Dave! James, thank you very much for building a lot in it, you also helped the development in this way! (I hope I didn't leave anyone out) All your buildings are in the pack.

download pack (server+game+source)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DTPqBcb...sp=sharing
Thank you for sharing the code. I had a good time building in your world. I'm going to attempt to get this up and running on my home network and study the code.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial