Poll: Which is the best looking theme?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Black
12.50%
2 12.50%
Calm
18.75%
3 18.75%
Dawn
6.25%
1 6.25%
Earth
0%
0 0%
Flame
12.50%
2 12.50%
Leaf
0%
0 0%
Night
31.25%
5 31.25%
Sun
0%
0 0%
Twilight
12.50%
2 12.50%
Water
6.25%
1 6.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vote on the default theme!
For folk with visibility and/or cognitive challenges, good to have colors that make it easy to distinguish parts of a page.

I'm hardly knowledgeable in the area, but I think the following themes, based on my own vision and cognitive challenges, are really good:

* Black
* Calm (although I don't personally like the look of it)
* Flame
* Sun (but yuck; makes the page look like a bumble bee)

The following not good, based on my challenges:

* Dawn (white text on fading orange is hard to read; orange text on white background is hard to read)
* Earth (not bad, but a little bit of effort to distinguish black and dark brown areas)
* Leaf (same problem as Dawn)
* Night (way too hard to distinguish dark blue and black areas)
* Twilight (even harder than Night)
* Water (same problem as Dawn)
Here' a compromise between Calm and Night. 

If the rbg of Night is 72,0,255 and for Calm is 12,178,123, then add those together and divide by 2 to get the blend 84/2, 178/2,378/2, you come up with 42,89,189 which is Water.
I had originally voted for Flame.

Having played around with the various themes, I no longer agree with that first vote.

I am now using Black.  Much easier and quicker to distinguish parts of the page, and it doesn't conflict (color chaos) with the Phoenix logo.

To me, default color should instantly be easy for folk with disabilities of a visual/cognitive nature, but also not clash with the logo.

(Apologies for extra post; I had planned on editing my last one after confirming my thinking, but I'm not allowed to edit it.  Probably a characteristic of poll.  Makes sense.)
Testing the editing capability of a post made in a poll thread...

Edit: Yes, I can, as a non-moderator, edit my posts in a poll thread.

@CharlieJV 

Are you sure you just didn't mean you can't edit your poll response, because I believe they may be locked once you vote. The star system was exactly like that, which is why it got tossed.

Pete
Tester is testing too...

And Tester has no issues with editing posts inside a poll thread... (edit 1)

In fact, Tester can do both a quick edit and a full edit, while testing! (edit 2)

IS Tester just special when it comes to testing and edits? (edit 3)
Hey Tester,

This is a test, 1, 2, 3...

Welcome to the forum! Tester

I could use you for checking out my blunderful code!
b = b + ...
I actually like the Square theme, except for having to go back a page in order to change it.
(04-26-2022, 04:23 PM)The Universe Wrote: Testing the editing capability of a post made in a poll thread...

Edit: Yes, I can, as a non-moderator, edit my posts in a poll thread.

@CharlieJV 

Are you sure you just didn't mean you can't edit your poll response, because I believe they may be locked once you vote. The star system was exactly like that, which is why it got tossed.

Pete

Weird. in that earlier post, I had no edit button available to me, just reply.  Now the edit button is there.

Swear to goodness I'm not on any wacky tabacky, but I'm thinking maybe I should be ...
Only 14 votes with over 100 members. How do we read that message ... status quo is fine???
(05-09-2022, 03:27 PM)Dimster Wrote: Only 14 votes with over 100 members. How do we read that message ... status quo is fine???

That's my vote. Now I know if I am logged in or not.
b = b + ...