Poll: Vote for your favorite banner entry
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
@bplus - Summer Fun Edition (final)
21.05%
4 21.05%
@TerryRitchie - Summer Edition (made with QB64PE source)
42.11%
8 42.11%
@JRace - Summer Edition (modification on TerryRitchie's #2)
0%
0 0%
@SMcNeill - Summer Edition Phoenix (get well soon Steve)
15.79%
3 15.79%
@dbox - Angry Birds - Sun, Sand, and Syntax Errors
21.05%
4 21.05%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition Summer 2023 Banner Contest Poll
(06-30-2023, 10:46 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: bplus - we also have two brain hemispheres. . . but some only use one.  Tongue

As long as there's a well-endowed woman around, I tend to use both my hemispheres to intently watch both of hers!
(06-30-2023, 10:16 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote: I had an idea. Would it be possible to replace the banner area with a 1400x256 BAM output window instead? For those of us that write code to create banners it may be a way to spruce up the banners a bit with animation and such. Imagine the fall edition banner containing trees that drop leaves now and then. If a code banner wins, a BAM window, if a static banner wins, then simply an image window. Would this be possible?

I understand why this is being proposed. However I'm more familiar with QB64 than with a BASIC dialect controlled by one user of this forum.

I accept the image of Donald Duck directed at myself, to indicate my problems with Internet, but that's all. Sleepy
(07-01-2023, 01:49 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote:
(06-30-2023, 10:16 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote: I had an idea. Would it be possible to replace the banner area with a 1400x256 BAM output window instead? For those of us that write code to create banners it may be a way to spruce up the banners a bit with animation and such. Imagine the fall edition banner containing trees that drop leaves now and then. If a code banner wins, a BAM window, if a static banner wins, then simply an image window. Would this be possible?

I understand why this is being proposed. However I'm more familiar with QB64 than with a BASIC dialect controlled by one user of this forum.

I accept the image of Donald Duck directed at myself, to indicate my problems with Internet, but that's all. Sleepy
Front what I've read over the past few months about BAM is that it's nearly compatible with QB64 but only supports up to 256 colors. I would imagine it would be fairly straightforward to convert any QB64 code that needed modified to run within BAM.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
(07-01-2023, 02:49 AM)TerryRitchie Wrote:
(07-01-2023, 01:49 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote:

Front what I've read over the past few months about BAM is that it's nearly compatible with QB64 but only supports up to 256 colors. I would imagine it would be fairly straightforward to convert any QB64 code that needed modified to run within BAM.

I don't think BAM has graphics capabilities ie _PutImage can't even do Subs and Functions.

Convert QB64pe animation to GIF would be possible?
b = b + ...
(07-01-2023, 10:36 AM)bplus Wrote: I don't think BAM has graphics capabilities ie _PutImage can't even do Subs and Functions.

GET and PUT work in BAM. Back to the old way of doing things. Rolleyes

I believe animated GIF files are kept small for a reason. Might have to display a "background" banner like actually, and then focus a small rectangle for the animated GIF which is the active part. What sucks is that only one such object at a time could be supported. Also it has to be precisely located, even one pixel off could be caught by a casual user of a given web site.

Tested it:

[Image: BAM-GET-PUT-mnrvovrfc.png]
(07-01-2023, 10:36 AM)bplus Wrote:
(07-01-2023, 02:49 AM)TerryRitchie Wrote:
(07-01-2023, 01:49 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: I understand why this is being proposed. However I'm more familiar with QB64 than with a BASIC dialect controlled by one user of this forum.

I don't think BAM has graphics capabilities ie _PutImage can't even do Subs and Functions.

Oh, I was under the impression that BAM was built on top of QB64 and somehow using JS to tie things together. That makes BAM even more impressive to me then but probably not yet ready for the purpose I proposed.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...3#pid17443

Charlie just posted his keywords, Sub and Function are on the list. Sub has example (are the variables private?) and Function at the moment is a blank page.

Pretty cool to see all the keywords on a single page! My interpreters were like that. Smile
b = b + ...