PRINT "But I can't help where my nose is LOL."
PRINT "    --"
PRINT "  /    \"
PRINT " |0    0|"
PRINT " |  v  |"
PRINT " |(====)|"
PRINT " \______/"
PRINT "=========="

I just did this after upgrading QB64PE from v3.7 to v3.8 on Manjaro Linux KDE, which has "native" installed Firefox v114. While I was whining a few posts ago I was on Spiral KDE which cannot have that late a version of Firefox if not with AppImage. Need to upgrade the base from Debian "Bullseye" to "Bookworm" which is the stable which changed 10-June!

The "Export As" was greyed out in v3.7, that's why I had to do it like that. Otherwise load in the code then choose File -> Export As -> Forum Codebox (to Clipboard). Then the QB64 IDE reports that some text was copied to the clipboard and then it's up to you to go to the forum and paste it into the reply window.

I guess the "qb=export" thing is to pretty-print and to also allow keywords and other things allowed clicked with the mouse to navigate to the QB64 Wiki. Although that could get annoying sometimes.
(06-15-2023, 03:24 PM)bplus Wrote: Could someone explain how the new version ties in with [ qb = export ]  ?

Will we be able to run QB64pe v 3.8 code in a code window like we can with [ qbjs ] ?

No, it's not like [ q b j s ] where you can run the code directly here in the Forum, but it's more like [ q b ].

The difference is while [ q b ] will highlight plain written code using a javascript plugin, the [ q b = e x p o r t] uses the forum's bbcode to highlight and link keywords to the respective Wiki pages

Code: (Select All)
FOR x% = 1 TO 10
PRINT "Hello World!"
NEXT x%
END

FOR x% = 1 TO 10
PRINT "Hello World!"
NEXT x%
END

Just quote this post, so you can see the source of it.
(06-15-2023, 05:41 PM)mnrvovrfc Wrote:
PRINT "Hello I am Minerva."
PRINT "I come from a code window."
PRINT "But I can't help where my nose is LOL."
PRINT "    --"
PRINT "  /    \"
PRINT " |0    0|"
PRINT " |  v  |"
PRINT " |(====)|"
PRINT " \______/"
PRINT "=========="

I just did this after upgrading QB64PE from v3.7 to v3.8 on Manjaro Linux KDE, which has "native" installed Firefox v114. While I was whining a few posts ago I was on Spiral KDE which cannot have that late a version of Firefox if not with AppImage. Need to upgrade the base from Debian "Bullseye" to "Bookworm" which is the stable which changed 10-June!

The "Export As" was greyed out in v3.7, that's why I had to do it like that. Otherwise load in the code then choose File -> Export As -> Forum Codebox (to Clipboard). Then the QB64 IDE reports that some text was copied to the clipboard and then it's up to you to go to the forum and paste it into the reply window.

I guess the "qb=export" thing is to pretty-print and to also allow keywords and other things allowed clicked with the mouse to navigate to the QB64 Wiki. Although that could get annoying sometimes.

The "Export As" menu is grayed out as long as the syntaxchecker/formatter is running, you'll have to wait until you either see "OK" in the status line or the process breaks due to an error.

It's done that way because it's a bad idea to try to parse and highlight the export while the code is changing/formatting under the parser's feets.

And yes, it's just considered another (more manually) type of codebox, which allows bbcode to be used.
RhoSgma, I think my problem is hardware. As in old. This laptop made in 2012 with Windows 7 OS. Now with Lubuntu 20.04. I am thinking too that the newer commands are not compatible with older microprocessor. I tried the same thing with a 2008 desktop with Windows 10. More errors than Linux laptop. If you have any other ideas let me know. Thanks for your help.
(06-15-2023, 07:29 PM)GareBear Wrote: RhoSgma, I think my problem is hardware. As in old. This laptop made in 2012 with Windows 7 OS. Now with Lubuntu 20.04. I am thinking too that the newer commands are not compatible with older microprocessor. I tried the same thing with a 2008 desktop with Windows 10. More errors than Linux laptop. If you have any other ideas let me know. Thanks for your help.

Hardware is definitly not the problem, I use a 2012 HP laptop with Win7 here by myself and it should work even with Win Vista.

Just to make that sure, do you still talk about that problem you've with the Summer Banner by Terry?
I'll take a look on it.
Old hardware is not it, good. I have got a saved version of summer.bas with problem lines remarked out and type of errors I got when I ran it. All error lines not running it runs. Looked like someone picked all of the sunflowers' blooms off along with the leaves. Where the pe logo is supposed to be a big sunflower bloom is in it place. I copied summer.bas from the forum and saved it as summertimeI.bas and remarks the errors out. It might give you an idea what I have done with the IDE and or OS. Let me know if you want a copy.
(06-14-2023, 10:56 PM)Jack Wrote: @Kernelpanic
there are two vb6-compatible compilers in the works but they are subscription based, twinBasic and RAD basic
because I only make tiny programs for pastime I never tried them, I heard that twinBasic has a free 32-bit version
@Jack - Thanks for your answer. But I think one have to contact MS oneself.
I'll write there and ask if the old cracks for QuickBasic and VB-Basic still exist. What would they say - if they still existed?

Something like VisualBasic with QB64 cannot be developed by a single person, no matter how enthusiastic he is, that's too much.
(06-15-2023, 08:30 PM)GareBear Wrote: Old hardware is not it, good. I have got a saved version of summer.bas with problem lines remarked out and type of errors I got when I ran it. All error lines not running it runs. Looked like someone picked all of the sunflowers' blooms off along with the leaves. Where the pe logo is supposed to be a big sunflower bloom is in it place. I copied summer.bas from the forum and saved it as summertimeI.bas and remarks the errors out. It might give you an idea what I have done with the IDE and or OS. Let me know if you want a copy.

So @GareBear, I can not reproduce the problem (according to my usual workflow), however after playing a bit with settings and the downloaded/extracted files I get those "Ivalid handle" and "Illegal function call" errors only if the program does not find or access the files.

So please check you have a folder "Summer" after extracting "Summer.zip" and make sure it's in a location you have full read/write permissions. Load "Summer.bas" from inside the "Summer" folder into the QB64pe IDE. Make sure the option "Output EXE to source folder" in the "Run" menu is active (bullet to the left of it) and then hit F5.

Can't tell you more about it, that's the way it works for me without any hassle.
Ok, I have just it tried, but I can not get through. But I won't give up that easily.

[Image: MS-Konservation2023-06-16-0.jpg]
RhoSigma, I made the Summer folder and all the files inside of the folder full access - read/write. I moved the Summer folder from the Save_Folder to the QB64pe folder. All this made no difference after pressing F5. Where the bullet is on the 'Output EXE to source Folder'. Did I missed anything? I have no idea how to get the IDE to find paths to programs it need. Qbasic I could get paths to programs. But, that is neither here or now. Just letting you know some of what I used to do.