Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InForm-PE
a740g.

It installed with the two lines you show in your last post. I loaded UiEditor.bas in the 3.11.0 IDE and ran it. This is what I get, an error.

Unhandled error #64 - UiEditor.bas

Line: 151 (in Ini.bas)
Bad file name
Continue?

NO          YES

One thing Pop!os runs the IDE better with out a system lockup but it is looking like it does not do the QB64pe programs not that well.
The GUI must be too different from usual linux. You are the second person on this forum to ask me about my linux OS. I'm not offended by the question. It looks like I may have to get another linux OS.
@GareBear

I think you got everything built correct. However, you are launching UiEditior from the wrong directory.

The InForm makefile puts the UiEditor binary in the base InForm-PE directory and you should launch it from there. If you compile InFrom using the IDE inside InForm-PE/InForm and then run it from there, it will throw errors.

Launch the UiEditor binary like shown below.

[Image: Screenshot-from-2024-02-17-21-54-22.png]

[Image: Screenshot-from-2024-02-17-22-40-00.png]
@a740g - Thanks, it works now.
So there has to be "Control" in front of it (in VB it's "Val"). Well. Then I tried for a while to format the output to two decimal places, but I didn't succeed. I tried everything I could think of, no success. The attempts a la QB64 and VB all failed. Is there another “how to” involved like with Control?

PS: Aligning input and output to the right doesn't work, it's grayed out.

[Image: Nachkommastellen2024-02-17.jpg]

The thing with control should go into the wiki; it's so easy to say. Oh yes, why is it called "TB" and not "LB": Control(EinkaufspreisTB).Value? Questions about questions.  Big Grin
I have been studying the structure of Inform programs, and I have a couple questions: Is it possible to use more than one Inform form in the same program? If so, what are the mechanics to achieve that?
It's not the having, it's the doing.
(02-17-2024, 07:44 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: @a740g - Thanks, it works now.
So there has to be "Control" in front of it (in VB it's "Val"). Well. Then I tried for a while to format the output to two decimal places, but I didn't succeed. I tried everything I could think of, no success. The attempts a la QB64 and VB all failed. Is there another “how to” involved like with Control?

PS: Aligning input and output to the right doesn't work, it's grayed out.

[Image: Nachkommastellen2024-02-17.jpg]

The thing with control should go into the wiki; it's so easy to say. Oh yes, why is it called "TB" and not "LB": Control(EinkaufspreisTB).Value? Questions about questions.  Big Grin
For formatting numbers, you can use __UI_StrUsing$ (format$, value##). format$ uses the same format as PRINT USING.

I'll have to check a bit on the aligning part. I used a numeric text box so that might have something to do with it.

Control is mostly documented here: https://github.com/a740g/InForm-PE/wiki/Properties
(02-20-2024, 02:56 AM)bobalooie Wrote: I have been studying the structure of Inform programs, and I have a couple questions: Is it possible to use more than one Inform form in the same program? If so, what are the mechanics to achieve that?
Unfortunately, it is currently not possible. This limitation is due to the way QB64 operates. QB64 only supports a single graphics window, and all its operations occur within that window.

You could simulate a multi-form application by making separate programs for each InForm form and then make them talk to each other using some kind of IPC. That's basically what UiEditor.bas and UiEditorPreview.bas does.
Something you can do with any GUI is have multiple sets of controls active at times or unaccessible at times such that it looks like separate windows are being used. I have done that with my GUI, creating what appears to be a separate window for navigating and selecting files (this was before PE got File Dialog). You can even do this without GUI and might be easier!

Oh you might want 2 or more Windows open at same time, then run multiple versions of same program and use the Clipboard or a common file to communicate between them.

Even the greatest multi-tasking savant can only BE in one window at a time anyway.

Maybe not be as easy as separate windows or screens but it builds character! ;-))
b = b + ...
(02-20-2024, 01:41 PM)a740g Wrote:
(02-20-2024, 02:56 AM)bobalooie Wrote: I have been studying the structure of Inform programs, and I have a couple questions: Is it possible to use more than one Inform form in the same program? If so, what are the mechanics to achieve that?
Unfortunately, it is currently not possible. This limitation is due to the way QB64 operates. QB64 only supports a single graphics window, and all its operations occur within that window.

You could simulate a multi-form application by making separate programs for each InForm form and then make them talk to each other using some kind of IPC. That's basically what UiEditor.bas and UiEditorPreview.bas does.

Cool, thanks.
It's not the having, it's the doing.
Quote:For formatting numbers, you can use __UI_StrUsing$ (format$, value##)format$ uses the same format as PRINT USING.
I am not getting anywhere with this. It has nothing to do with the "Format$" as I know it from VB, and I didn't find anything about it in the Wiki. And "Print Using", how should I put that in there?

VisualBasic 5.0
Code: (Select All)

txtProzenthoehe.Text = Format$(Rabattaufschlag, "##.00")

Is there an explanation somewhere for using __UI_StrUsing$ (format$, value "####") as for "Control"? I did not find anything on the internet either. Are there really no instructions for this?
(02-21-2024, 12:09 AM)Kernelpanic Wrote:
Quote:For formatting numbers, you can use __UI_StrUsing$ (format$, value##)format$ uses the same format as PRINT USING.
I am not getting anywhere with this. It has nothing to do with the "Format$" as I know it from VB, and I didn't find anything about it in the Wiki. And "Print Using", how should I put that in there?

VisualBasic 5.0

txtProzenthoehe.Text = Format$(Rabattaufschlag, "##.00")

Is there an explanation somewhere for using __UI_StrUsing$ (format$, value "####") as for "Control"? I did not find anything on the internet either. Are there really no instructions for this?

So, I changed the result numeric text box to a plain text box and then made the following change in Prozenthoehe.bas.

Text(ProzentaufschlagTB) = __UI_StrUsing$("###.##", ((Control(VerkaufspreisTB).Value - Control(EinkaufspreisTB).Value) / Control(EinkaufspreisTB).Value) * 100)

[Image: Screenshot-2024-02-21-083102.png]

Attached Files
.zip   Prozent.zip (Size: 196.48 KB / Downloads: 9)