Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InForm-PE
@a740g - Thank you for your effort! Your version works.
I had previously tried to use your advice, but the result was that the entire computer froze.  Tongue  I just got out of there with a reboot.
Then I deleted the entire program and recreated it. But that didn't lead to anything, the program didn't work. Then I used your version and it worked. There is something I didn't understand.

To understand how it works I tried to create a new program with two output fields. But that's where I got stuck. I do not understand the whole structure of InForm. Either it's my fault or it's because the program is so complicated.

The new attempt. . . and the program in VB.
[Image: In-Form-Visual-Basic2024-02-21.jpg]

OK. The program itself is a great achievement. Really! When it works it comes very close to VisualBasic. And how many developers did they have there?

Attached Files
.7z   ProzentX.7z (Size: 1.26 MB / Downloads: 20)
a740g,

I get the start up screen, it says "Loading fonts list ..." and does nothing. Do I need to wait for so long or is there something else that I missed?
(03-06-2024, 02:38 PM)GareBear Wrote: a740g,

I get the start up screen, it says "Loading fonts list ..." and does nothing. Do I need to wait for so long or is there something else that I missed?
Are you on Windows?

UiEditor enumerates systems fonts when loading and if the system has a lot of fonts, then it may take some time.
If you are on Windows, can you check how many fonts you have in following registry path: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

Another reason I can think of is, RegEnumValueA() returning a funny value here which locks up LoadFontList() in an infinite loop.

I'll take a look into this over the weekend. Thank you for reporting.
a740g.

I use linux for an os. The fonts I downloaded is in the same folder as QB64PE. The flavor of linux I use is Slackware 15.0.

Update:

I did what you said and waited for it to read the fonts to load. Sorry about the false bug. I will try to be more careful test more next time.
It is running with Form1, Color mixer, Toolbox.. Etc. You know it is doing normally. Thank you for your help.
(03-07-2024, 03:01 AM)GareBear Wrote: a740g.

I use linux for an os. The fonts I downloaded is in the same folder as QB64PE. The flavor if linux I use is Slackware 15.0.

Ok. Thank you for the update.

In that case, it is looking for the fonts in /usr/share/fonts (see here) and I think something weird is going on inside idezfilelist$() and idezpathlist$().
Update:

I did what you said and waited for it to read the fonts to load. Sorry about the false bug. I will try to be more careful test more next time.
It is running with Form1, Color mixer, Toolbox.. Etc. You know it is doing normally. Thank you for your help.
Tiny update:

Get the latest using the links in the first post. Please report bugs and other quirks.

Cheers!
(03-21-2024, 04:12 PM)a740g Wrote: Tiny update:

Get the latest using the links in the first post. Please report bugs and other quirks.

Cheers!
Bug: In the dropdown list (and list), if I try to specify the items at design time, and I have multiple items, if I use "\n" as per the wiki ( https://github.com/a740g/InForm-PE/wiki/List ), it will claim that it is "invalid value". This is definitely a new bug because in my previous projects written and working in the old QB64 and old Inform... I can load it and it would also complain of the same "invalid value"
@atl068 Thanks for reporting. I'll take a look. But just to clarify, are you saying that the old InForm + QB64 has the same issue?
Quote:This is definitely a new bug because in my previous projects written and working in the old QB64 and old Inform... I can load it and it would also complain of the same "invalid value"

yeah looks like a NOT is missing, This definitely NOT a new bug... it would also complain of the same "invalid value"
b = b + ...