Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 V3.9.0 Pondering what might be there?
(09-20-2023, 01:01 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: _SaveImage command added.  
File dialogs can now use the same GUI interface for saving as it does for loading.  (For folks who like the more modern version.)
Lots of little bug fixes.
this is great news, go team Steve!
If one press POS1, the cursor goes to the beginning of the line (red) and not to the beginning of the sentence (green). In the example I have to press the spacebar four times to correct something.
I have now checked Notepad++ again and there it works.

I don't know if this is easy to correct. It is just a bit annoying sometimes, but not a big problem.

[Image: Cursor-Position.jpg]
(09-21-2023, 03:40 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: If one press POS1, the cursor goes to the beginning of the line (red) and not to the beginning of the sentence (green). In the example I have to press the spacebar four times to correct something.

I don't know if this is easy to correct. It is just a bit annoying sometimes, but not a big problem.

[Image: Cursor-Position.jpg]

Press POS1 2x, and then every further press toggles between "start of line" and "start of text".

BTW - Notepad++ does the same but the first press goes to "start of text" instead to "Start of line" as the QB64 IDE does.
(09-20-2023, 11:50 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote: Does anyone use GIMP? Does it allow transparency with BMP?

Yesterday I saved a couple of BMP's with it that a bit later it refused to load. :O

I used the default options, I dislike the export dialogs for JPEG and PNG as well, just let me save and do it quickly! It sucked, only "ffplay" out of the programs permitted me to view one of those BMP's.

Maybe I should stick to GIMP v2.10.32 or later, instead of v2.10.18 or whatever outdated sub-release it was.
(09-21-2023, 03:54 PM)hoSigma Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 03:40 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: If one press POS1, the cursor goes to the beginning of the line (red) and not to the beginning of the sentence (green). In the example I have to press the spacebar four times to correct something.

Press POS1 2x, and then every further press toggles between "start of line" and "start of text".

BTW - Notepad++ does the same but the first press goes to "start of text" instead to "Start of line" as the QB64 IDE does.
True, it takes the tab setting into account. Thanks! Is there a way to set this up like in Notepad?
(09-21-2023, 04:49 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: ....
Is there a way to set this up like in Notepad?

Yes, I've pushed a change into the repository for the next releas of QB64pe to achive the very
same behavior as in Notepad++,

i.e. when pressing Pos1 (Home) the cursor will always jump to "start of text" except it is already there, then it will jump to "start of line"

or in different words

the cursur will only jump to "start of line" if it's current position is exactly on "start of text", and from all other positions in the line (incl. anywhere in the indention space) it will always jump to "start of text".
(09-21-2023, 10:33 PM)RhoSigma Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 04:49 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: ....
Is there a way to set this up like in Notepad?
Yes, I've pushed a change into the repository for the next releas of QB64pe to achive the very
same behavior as in Notepad++,

i.e. when pressing Pos1 (Home) the cursor will always jump to "start of text" except it is already there, then it will jump to "start of line"

or in different words

the cursur will only jump to "start of line" if it's current position is exactly on "start of text", and from all other positions in the line (incl. anywhere in the indention space) it will always jump to "start of text".
Fine! The IDE is getting better and better. Thanks! 
[Image: smilie-hops-032.gif]
saveinage.... sweet.
load SVG ? Cooooool.