Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lesson 22: Hardware Acceleration finished
(09-21-2023, 07:13 PM)a740g Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 02:58 AM)TerryRitchie Wrote: I'll need to look into these options. I'm using Google Sites to create the tutorial and exclusively use the editor to create the pages. I never actually see any code because it's completely handled in the background by Google Sites. Heck, all of the images you see on the site ... I have no idea where they are stored, LOL. I simply click upload image, select the image from my hard drive, and *poof*, it appears on the site. It's stupid simple to use Sites but leaves the user blind to many of the underpinnings.

To further complicate matters Google sold Sites to SquareSpace that is taking over control soon. I have no idea what shenanigans are in store for me when this happens. Will I be able to use the same editor? Will the tutorial site lose some of its formatting due to the changeover? With any luck it will go smoothly ... LOL, probably not, we're talking big major tech companies here.
All of the website assets are going to Google drive for the account you used to create the Google Site. The assert storage will count against the total account cloud storage space. Look for the `root` or `attachment` folders. All your site assets should be there.
There is an entry in my Google Drive with the name of the web site. However, it's not a folder or file that I can open to view assets. I have no idea what it is.

Attached Files Image(s)

There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
(09-21-2023, 11:15 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 07:13 PM)a740g Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 02:58 AM)TerryRitchie Wrote: I'll need to look into these options. I'm using Google Sites to create the tutorial and exclusively use the editor to create the pages. I never actually see any code because it's completely handled in the background by Google Sites. Heck, all of the images you see on the site ... I have no idea where they are stored, LOL. I simply click upload image, select the image from my hard drive, and *poof*, it appears on the site. It's stupid simple to use Sites but leaves the user blind to many of the underpinnings.

To further complicate matters Google sold Sites to SquareSpace that is taking over control soon. I have no idea what shenanigans are in store for me when this happens. Will I be able to use the same editor? Will the tutorial site lose some of its formatting due to the changeover? With any luck it will go smoothly ... LOL, probably not, we're talking big major tech companies here.
All of the website assets are going to Google drive for the account you used to create the Google Site. The assert storage will count against the total account cloud storage space. Look for the `root` or `attachment` folders. All your site assets should be there.
There is an entry in my Google Drive with the name of the web site. However, it's not a folder or file that I can open to view assets. I have no idea what it is.

For what it's worth, I have some .zip files in my Google Drive, and I can drag these onto my desktop and open them with 7Zip (or other zip utils). Yours looks like a similar setup.
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
(09-22-2023, 02:45 AM)PhilOfPerth Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 11:15 PM)TerryRitchie Wrote:
(09-21-2023, 07:13 PM)a740g Wrote: All of the website assets are going to Google drive for the account you used to create the Google Site. The assert storage will count against the total account cloud storage space. Look for the `root` or `attachment` folders. All your site assets should be there.

For what it's worth, I have some .zip files in my Google Drive, and I can drag these onto my desktop and open them with 7Zip (or other zip utils). Yours looks like a similar setup.
The zip files you see above the web site file I can do that with. The web site file can't be downloaded. It's not even treated as a file or folder. Of course in typical Google fashion trying to figure out what it is extremely difficult given the quagmire of "help" links that take you into the land of the lost.
QB64 Tutorial
Thanks for your dedication, Terry! I can't wait to check out Chapter 22.
I've been replacing the static icons on the tutorial menu with animated ones to add a little eye candy. Let me know what you think when you get time. Most of the animated GIFs are modified from ones found on the net. I use this awesome GIF tool to modify them to fit the tutorial menu's look and feel:

https://ezgif.com/
QB64 Tutorial
Looks great, Terry! Now that’s how tutorials should be done. Easy to read and learn from.

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner