Poll: Choose 1 banner for your vote!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
bplus Falling Leaves
53.33%
8 53.33%
dbox Run and Jump
46.67%
7 46.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall 2023 Banner Contest - Vote here
(10-07-2023, 11:52 AM)bplus Wrote: Well if you do split it up I want odd numbered days Smile

And split my days between scroller bar days and non scroller bar days 1:60 LOL

@grymmjack I will be glad to modify code as needed by you to remove scroll bars and the pumpkin too, maybe shortly after Halloween? We could throw the animation into a _putImage to fit image whole into any screen requirements needed.

Ok sounds good. I'll get back to you on any changes if needed and we will use staging for tests.
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
I would suggest turning them into GIFs so they're not doing the actual JavaScript stuff yet still retaining their animations.
Tread on those who tread on you

Also, from a preserve and for posterity kind of thing.

Could someone volunteer to find all the old banners and then we can cultivate them cleanly somewhere and have a great banner memory-lane kind of thing.

It's a neat idea I think and it's not difficult. But I don't want to be the only one interested or the only person doing the work required to get the banner images mined from here to preserve them for the future.

If no one agrees fine. We won't do it.
grymmjack (gj!)
(10-07-2023, 01:48 PM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote: I would suggest turning them into GIFs so they're not doing the actual JavaScript stuff yet still retaining their animations.

Good idea can you do that?
grymmjack (gj!)
(10-04-2023, 12:09 PM)dbox Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 11:16 AM)Kernelpanic Wrote: @dbox - The animation reminds me of Captain Comic, very well done, but what does that have to do with autumn?

It was a whole Autumn tileset, kind of a harvest theme.  But yeah, I hear you.  I voted for @bplus too.

Can this tile set be shared with us? Or is it not free?

If it's already in the zip, (i have not unzipped or loaded your banner into qbjs yet) ignore.

It'd be fun to have a common review and deep dive into the code in video or written form, and having the assets we could start pooling them somewhere to share and build a global asset bank kinda thing.
grymmjack (gj!)
(10-07-2023, 01:48 PM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote: I would suggest turning them into GIFs so they're not doing the actual JavaScript stuff yet still retaining their animations.

Also for @bplus banner it changes based on time of day. So maybe use dusk or whatever time he wants for your capture?
grymmjack (gj!)
(10-04-2023, 07:51 AM)RhoSigma Wrote: Another thing I'd request is limiting the animations to 5-10 loops and then stop, as it uses much cpu time, which gears up the fan. So I imagine if you have several forum pages open to eg. write a post and in the same time gather information from other threads/posts, then it could quickly burn the cpu, when on every page the animation is running.

Eg. just the two banners running here while I write this already take 33-37% cpu usage.

That's a good idea I think too! Just read the idea, sorry for missing did not mean to.
grymmjack (gj!)

hey! good idea, I must read next posts still... but good so far!
b = b + ...
(10-07-2023, 01:50 PM)grymmjack Wrote: Also, from a preserve and for posterity kind of thing.

Could someone volunteer to find all the old banners and then we can cultivate them cleanly somewhere and have a great banner memory-lane kind of thing.

It's a neat idea I think and it's not difficult. But I don't want to be the only one interested or the only person doing the work required to get the banner images mined from here to preserve them for the future.

If no one agrees fine. We won't do it.

Another good idea but lets not get distracted from out task today.

You know grymmjack we suggested a corner for you to save such things, it would be really nice for you and us as audience but again freak'n time constraints! our great ideas outrun us and become impractical time-wise!
b = b + ...
(10-07-2023, 01:51 PM)grymmjack Wrote:

Good idea can you do that?

Yeah spriggsyspriggs maybe with 3.9 that has image saver?

Spriggsy might want to know how many shots he can do. ie how much room do you have for giant gif?
b = b + ...