Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mad Farm
Hello !
Not long ago I experimented with surround sound. I made a game for it, the basis of which is that you have to feel the direction of the sound source.
'No graphics'! Put on the headphones and catch the animals!

download:
https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=686
(12-26-2023, 04:41 PM)MasterGy Wrote: Hello !
Not long ago I experimented with surround sound. I made a game for it, the basis of which is that you have to feel the direction of the sound source.

This sounds really neat and I have a question. Would it be difficult to take the 3D audio functionality, and use it to take the audio coming into the PC's line in, and move it around in 3D?
(12-28-2023, 04:04 PM)madscijr Wrote:

This sounds really neat and I have a question. Would it be difficult to take the 3D audio functionality, and use it to take the audio coming into the PC's line in, and move it around in 3D?
I think this shows beyond the possibilities of qb64. It might be possible with some API. Unfortunately I have no idea Sad
(01-03-2024, 11:51 PM)MasterGy Wrote:
(12-28-2023, 04:04 PM)madscijr Wrote:
I think this shows beyond the possibilities of qb64. It might be possible with some API. Unfortunately I have no idea Sad
Or even playing a WAV file, like the sound effects in your game. 
I'll give your game a look - am very interested in playing with that!

I tried running this with a pair of headphones, and I hear the meow sound moving between the left and right ear, but am not really hearing it move in 3D (ie front to back). Do I need special earbuds or headphones to hear the full 3D surround effect of "binaural" sound?