Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64PE Offline Wiki (02-06-2024)
hello PhilOfPerth Smile 
you usually have to unblock a CHM the first time that you use it, right-click on the CHM to get the properties, then put a check-mark on unblock and then click apply
(02-24-2024, 11:31 AM)Jack Wrote: hello PhilOfPerth Smile 
you usually have to unblock a CHM the first time that you use it, right-click on the CHM to get the properties, then put a check-mark on unblock and then click apply

Thanks Jack, that was alll that was needed. It was locked.
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
(02-06-2024, 03:03 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: If you guys remember, back around Christmas I uploaded a version of our offline wiki then.  That version came in at around 2MB in file size and can still be found hosted on the forums here.  Only thing was, I didn't include any of the images and such for that version (hence the very small size), which produced a readable -- though not quite as pretty -- version of the wiki.

Now, as you guys probably know, I'm not lacking on disk space at all.  I left the images out of the wiki back at Christmas so that it'd be as portable and useful to as many people as possible.  As for myself, however, I wanted a version with all the bells and whistles and pretty little pretties, so I could surf offline without really noticing much difference from surfing online...

And thus I redid the download which now comes in at a larger 32MB compressed size.  (About 290MB uncompressed, give or take.)  Anyone who wants this newer, shinier version, can grab it from the attachment below.  Note that the actual content hasn't changed all that much since X-Mas.  This just has *ALL* the possible resources and not just the html files and such in it.  Wink
Perhaps Users would like to look at my version of an Off-line Wiki. It was up-to-date at the time it was produced.  It was produced by a copy and paste from the On-Line Wiki using HelpNDoc CHM Editor.  It can be viewed as either a CHM file or PDF.  It can be obtained from this post Off-Line Wiki
Unfortunately, since I produced the Off-Line Wiki I have had cataract operations on both eyes and have been told that I will need cornea replacements in both eyes, so everything is a bit blurred and I can't spend long at the computer.  This has made it impossible for me to keep it up to date.  Anyone who wants to take it on board is very welcome.
(02-28-2024, 11:32 AM)RNBW Wrote: Unfortunately, since I produced the Off-Line Wiki I have had cataract operations on both eyes and have been told that I will need cornea replacements in both eyes, so everything is a bit blurred and I can't spend long at the computer.  This has made it impossible for me to keep it up to date.  Anyone who wants to take it on board is very welcome.

Sorry to hear that, RNBW.  We all wish you well.  Thank you for you contribution here. 

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
(02-28-2024, 12:57 PM)Dav Wrote:
(02-28-2024, 11:32 AM)RNBW Wrote: Unfortunately, since I produced the Off-Line Wiki I have had cataract operations on both eyes and have been told that I will need cornea replacements in both eyes, so everything is a bit blurred and I can't spend long at the computer.  This has made it impossible for me to keep it up to date.  Anyone who wants to take it on board is very welcome.

Sorry to hear that, RNBW.  We all wish you well.  Thank you for you contribution here. 

- Dav
Thank you for your kind words.   You don't value your eyesight enough until you have problems with it.