Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.12.0 Released!
Download the new Release here: https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/...ag/v3.12.0

Enhancements
  • #438 - Reduced memory impact of the Export As feature for large sources. - @RhoSigma-QB64
  • #442, #450, #433 - Implemented checks for External Dependencies into the IDE. - @RhoSigma-QB64
    • Formerly, if changes to $INCLUDE, $EMBED, $EXEICON, $MIDISOUNDFONT or DECLARE LIBRARY files were made while the main source was opened in the IDE, a fake change like adding/removing a line was required to force the IDE to recompile/rebuild the source when pressing F5/F11.
    • Now you can simply hit F5/F11 again (even after a programming error happened in such external file which is still displayed in the IDE status area) and the IDE will automatically recognize changes to those external files and recompile/rebuild the source as needed. No more fake changes are required.
  • #444, #447 - Implemented new checksum and hashing functions. - @RhoSigma-QB64
  • #448, #240 - Implemented the $INCLUDEONCE metacommand. - @RhoSigma-QB64
    • This works like the known #pragma once in C/C++ and avoids the need for $IF DEFINED... style include guards.
  • #454 - Implemented the _READFILE$ and _WRITEFILE commands - @RhoSigma-QB64
    • These functions will read/write whole files without OPEN/CLOSE overhead, hence similar to BLOAD/BSAVE.

Lib Updates
  • #430 - Updated stb_image to v2.29 - @a740g
  • #431 - Updated FreeType to v2.13.2 - @a740g
  • #441 - Updated GLEW to v2.2.0 and FreeGLUT to v2.8.1 - @a740g
  • #453, #455, #456, #457, #458, #146, #147, #424 - Various internal refactoring to libqb. - @mkilgore

Bug Fixes
  • #426 - Several fixes to _FILES$. - @a740g
  • #428 - Fixed bug where OPEN COM would lock the program up. - @a740g
  • #435, #359, #196, #192 - CONST evaluation was rewritten to resolve several longstanding issues - @mkilgore
    • CHR$ and ASC can now be used in CONST expressions.
  • #449 - Fixed $IF prioritization, $IF can now be used around $NOPREFIX, $COLOR and $DEBUG - @SteveMcNeill
  • #462, #461 - Fixed typo in -? usage details. - @grymmjack
And, I'd like to just take a moment to point out something that you guys might've overlooked with Rho's summary above:
  • #462, #461 - Fixed typo in -? usage details. - @grymmjack
That's right!  Our own beloved grymmjack has joined the dev team and made his first push into the repo!  Everyone give him a big old, "Woooooaaahhhhh  Grymm!  Thanks for helping out with the project!  The more folks who contribute, and the more glitches and typos and things they fix, the better things become for everyone!  Many, many, MANY thanks for joining and contributing."

And with that said, I also need to say:  

"Grymm, get back to work!  You've  got one credit to your name.  Next time we expect to see 100 more, or else we're going to dock your pay!"

Big Grin

Enjoy, guys.  Wink
Yeah, that's truly awesome,

welcome to the Dev-Team @grymmjack
Congratulations on the update, fellows!  Well done!
Dammit! Last week I just finished downloading the now NOT new version. So now I have to get this one started, and the smoke from my AOL RS232 interface hasn't even fully cleared out yet. Oh well...

Pete
(02-28-2024, 09:55 PM)Pete Wrote: Dammit! Last week I just finished downloading the now NOT new version. So now I have to get this one started, and the smoke from my AOL RS232 interface hasn't even fully cleared out yet. Oh well...

Pete

Can ship it to you on ... wait 106MB/1.44MB ... aehhhm 74 3.5" HD floppy disks together with a printed version of the Wiki (nice hardcover book with about 900 pages). Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
That's the nice thing about an infinite universe. It leaves plenty of SPACE for all of us smart ascii's.

Pete Big Grin

- Wait, did you mean FREE shipping?
False alarm, in case someone already read my C++ compilation error when I recompiled qb64pe.bas. Got back from the store, re-downloaded the .7z file, reextracted the content, recompiled qb64pe.bas, all good now. Many thanks.
Wow another update already! the read and write file looks like it may save some lines of code.

Thank you to all who contribute to keep QB64pe getting better!
b = b + ...
Really nice enhancements & fixes.

Just a question on _ReadFile$ and _WriteFile
What is the maximum size of file they can handle?

and related to that more in general: What is the largest string you can define in qb64pe ?
I seem to get only 2GB in mydata$, are there ways to go bigger then that?
45y and 2M lines of MBASIC>BASICA>QBASIC>QBX>QB64 experience