Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.12.0 Released!
(03-12-2024, 12:20 AM)SMcNeill Wrote: @Pete You're gettold and need to take your memory-enhancing drugs again.  Win 3.1 would *NEVER* boot up; it wasn't an OS.  It ran under DOS.
Dammit Carl! I would take my memory enhancing drugs, but I forget where I put them.

Fred
(03-11-2024, 07:15 PM)bplus Wrote: Terry are you still using Windows 7 or into Linux now?
This happened on my Windows 7 64bit Pro machine.

The IDE was running for probably 9 hours at the point where I noticed the large memory consumption.

I've been letting my computer run without reboots for months on end for well over 10 years now. Have never had an issue doing that. The QB64PE IDE will always lock up at around the 3 to 4 week continuous running mark (that's been normal behavior for years now), but never with extra RAM usage showing in Task Manager.

Like I said, this was a very unusual event for me, something that has not happened in the past concerning the IDE and the way I use my computer. That's why I reported it.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
I think I may have an answer to the high RAM usage of the IDE here: https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2504
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
I just found a screwy thing with QB64pe v 3.12. I was checking an old GUI file for color picking that ran fine in older QB64pe versions and ran into a Virus alert with QB64pe v3.12 and it refused to make the exe.

I ran it fine in QB64pe v3.10 and it also ran fine in QB64pe 3.12 from my desktop where I tested an old zip file.

Here is the file:
https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...2#pid23732

Quote:What is the Wacatac B ml Trojan?
Remove Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.b!ml Virus | Cybernews
The Wacatac Trojan virus, also known as Wacatac. b! ml or Trojan:Win32/Wacatac is a type of malware that infects your PC disguised as legitimate software. It typically affects Windows devices and can lead to further malware infections, personal data theft, and your device becoming a part of a botnet.Dec 12, 2023
b = b + ...
I have Trojans on all my computers... so they can have safe cybersex. Big Grin

Hey, hoping it's a false positive. I've had a couple of those with QB64 over the many years.

Pete
If eggs are brain food, Biden has his scrambled.

Remember to whitelist your QB64 folder.