Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
QB64PE Version 3.13 is now released
(05-14-2024, 02:27 AM)PhilOfPerth Wrote:
(05-01-2024, 06:58 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/...ag/v3.13.0

Enhancements
#478, #484 - Added support for _NEGATE, _ANDALSO, & _ORELSE Boolean operators. - @a740g, @mkilgore
#468 - Added support for _MOUSEWHEEL on macOS. - @a740g
#475 - Added support for _CLIPBOARDIMAGE on macOS & Linux. - @a740g
Bug Fixes
#468 - Fixed _MOUSEMOVEMENTx behavior on macOS. - @a740g
#470 - Fixed an issue where the IDE would lock up if the source code had too many DATA statements on macOS. - @a740g
#473 - Fixed the "Export As" menu state in the IDE. - @RhoSigma-QB64
#474 - Fixed the GLUT thread to redraw at an accurate 60 FPS. - @mkilgore
#476 - Fixed an issue on Windows where special keys were monitored even when the window was not in focus. - @a740g
#477 - Fixed the IDE to open the GUI file dialog when Ctrl+S was pressed and GUI Dialogs were enabled. - @a740g
#480, #487 - Fixed mono-mode font rendering and quality issues, and corrected font width calculations when loading monospaced fonts. - @a740g
#481 - Fixed an issue that would cause LLVM-MinGW to incorrectly generate Windows GUI applications when $CONSOLE was used. - @a740g
#484 - Fixed macOS startup script bugs. - @tothebin
#485 - Fixed various wiki issues. - @RhoSigma-QB64
#486 - Fixed an issue where the IDE was reporting an incorrect error. - @SteveMcNeill
Other Fixes
#467, #483 - Corrected multiple typos in the source code. - @RainRat
Full Changelog: v3.12.0...v3.13.0

Steve Note:  For all those who were seeing issues with the font rendering with the last version, you might want to grab a copy of this version and test things out.  I *think* the issue with those faded/blurred fonts has now been fixed and should no longer be an issue for anyone.  To me, that makes this version one which I'd almost consider to be an "essential update" for folks to grab and make use of.  Wink

I've updated to 3.13, and found that all of my progs that were written pre- update now render differently. The font-size seems to be different, although my monospace font is the same, my virtual window is the same. I can re-adjust my text to make it fit, but then it won't fit the 3.12 version.  Huh

Can you share a short example? I'll take a look.
(05-14-2024, 05:49 AM)a740g Wrote:
(05-01-2024, 06:58 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: https://github.com/QB64-Phoenix-Edition/...ag/v3.13.0

Enhancements
#478, #484 - Added support for _NEGATE, _ANDALSO, & _ORELSE Boolean operators. - @a740g, @mkilgore
Bug Fixes
#470 - Fixed an issue where the IDE would lock up if the source code had too many DATA statements on macOS. - @a740g
#476 - Fixed an issue on Windows where special keys were monitored even when the window was not in focus. - @a740g
#477 - Fixed the IDE to open the GUI file dialog when Ctrl+S was pressed and GUI Dialogs were enabled. - @a740g
#480, #487 - Fixed mono-mode font rendering and quality issues, and corrected font width calculations when loading monospaced fonts. - @a740g
#481 - Fixed an issue that would cause LLVM-MinGW to incorrectly generate Windows GUI applications when $CONSOLE was used. - @a740g
#486 - Fixed an issue where the IDE was reporting an incorrect error. - @SteveMcNeill
Other Fixes

Steve Note:  For all those who were seeing issues with the font rendering with the last version, you might want to grab a copy of this version and test things out.  I *think* the issue with those faded/blurred fonts has now been fixed and should no longer be an issue for anyone.  To me, that makes this version one which I'd almost consider to be an "essential update" for folks to grab and make use of.  Wink

I've updated to 3.13, and found that all of my progs that were written pre- update now render differently. The font-size seems to be different, although my monospace font is the same, my virtual window is the same. I can re-adjust my text to make it fit, but then it won't fit the 3.12 version.  Huh

Can you share a short example? I'll take a look.

Here's a small section of one prog. I can fix it by widening the virtual screen, but I didn't need it larger previously.
Code: (Select All)
Screen _NewImage(960, 820, 32)
SetFont: f& = _LoadFont("C:\WINDOWS\fonts\courbd.ttf", 24, "monospace")
_Font f& '                                                                      install monospace font size 24, giving 32 usable text rows of 66 cols
Common Shared tiles$(), tile$, tilenum, speed, names$(), plr, bad$, ok$, csrv, csrh, t1, t2, thisword$, scores(), bonus, timepenalty, winscore, words$(), k, cpl
dw = _DesktopWidth: dh = _DesktopHeight
wwidth = 960
lhs = (dw - wwidth) / 2: top = (dh - 900) / 2
cpl = wwidth / _PrintWidth("X") '                                               characters per line - used for centring and wiping
_ScreenMove lhs, top '                                                          centres display on target screen

Instructions

Sub Instructions
    Cls: yellow: centre "Ripple Instructions - Game Basics", 2: white
    Print "  A square grid of random letters is presented, and two players"
    Print "  try to find words within the grid, earning points based on the"
End Sub

Sub white
    Color _RGB(255, 255, 255)
End Sub

Sub yellow
    Color _RGB(255, 255, 0)
End Sub

Sub centre (txt$, linenum) '                                                                  centres text on selected line
    ctr = Int(cpl / 2 - Len(txt$) / 2) + 1 '                                                  centre is half of chars per line minus half string-length
    Locate linenum, ctr
    Print txt$
End Sub
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/

Enhancements
Bug Fixes
Other Fixes

Hi Phil,
yes, I found the same in my programs and we (the devs) already discussed it over at Discord. In fact @a740g already fixed it, I've tested it for good and it will be released ASAP in a minor bugfix version v3.13.1 I guess.

So, don't waste time trying to fix your programs, they are just fine. Just update as soon we release the bugfix and all is good again.
(05-14-2024, 09:09 AM)RhoSigma Wrote:

Enhancements
Bug Fixes
Other Fixes

Hi Phil,
yes, I found the same in my programs and we (the devs) already discussed it over at Discord. In fact @a740g already fixed it, I've tested it for good and it will be released ASAP in a minor bugfix version v3.13.1 I guess.

So, don't waste time trying to fix your programs, they are just fine. Just update as soon we release the bugfix and all is good again.

Great news!  I was looking for something I missed, 
but now, thanks to you guys, I'll cease and desist! 

(No, don't try to rhyme with desist)!  Big Grin
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
It's about dadburn time we got ourselves an _ORELSE state-ee-ment!

- Sam
(05-15-2024, 07:13 AM)Pete Wrote: It's about dadburn time we got ourselves an _ORELSE state-ee-ment!

- Sam

Did you know we also added a very special screen mode into QB64PE, just as a special way of saying thanks to one of our longest supporters for everything QB64-related?

Try this sometime:

Code: (Select All)
SCREEN Pete
PRINT "Screen"; Pete;"!  It's the only SCREEN anyone will ever really need!!"