Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using LPrint and _Printimage together
yeah the second sleep not really needed except to avoid the 'press any key to end' message once end keyword is executed.

what was epson saying in error message? i ask because i don't think epson gets either sleep signal but nice joke anyway Smile
b = b + ...
If you want to spend time learning a smidge of PCL, you could print colored text to a printer. Or, you could use WinGDI like I did.

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...ght=wingdi

Hmmm.... The weird thing is that now that code no longer works. It used to work great. Might need someone else to give that a test.
Tread on those who tread on you

Hi b+   , the Epson screen displayed " Print Error..See your documentation for more details". When I went into the "Mange Documents", it simply said "Error - Printing Paused". There were a couple of things I tried like turning everything off and on again but it was only when I went thru the code commenting the odd line out, I found the printer printed ok with the second SLEEP commented out.

Now since then, while printing a spreadsheet I've been working on, I found my printer in Portrait mode, which I swear I had in Landscape mode. Got me wondering if the printer was in Landscape mode when I tried to print Steve's code. I have the default setting of my Epson now in Portrait and Steve's code, even with the second SLEEP uncommented it works fine. 

I'm not sure why the REM of the 2nd SLEEP worked unless Steve's code actually forced the default to change to Portrait. Things that make you go huuuuuuuum.
Did the printer perhaps see the resolution and automatically swap modes to protrait?  The 850x1100 resolution would be for portrait printing (which is how most folks print documents).  Try it again at 1100x850 resolution and see if the program makes it print in landscape mode for you.
Steve - printer did not print in landscape. The words printed were elongated but the page portrait orientated