Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ballot Stuffing? For shame!
(04-16-2024, 03:36 PM)NakedApe Wrote: I find Sprezzo's post ridiculous and offensive. It's disparaging of Steve for no reason except his own twisted speculation and it's political. Pete and Sprezzo seem to think injecting politics onto the forum is OK, but really it's not. QB64PE programmers come in all shapes, sizes and political orientations. Posting crap about Dems or Repubs only serves to divide us and there's enough of that going around already. Please keep political commentary to yourself. As for the banner I like Dimster's post above, a few judges would resolve the issue...
I figured that being ridiculous and offensive is the norm around here; some would define it as being humorous, or at least humorously sarcastic. It is a site of free expression; expecting any degree of filtering here is not and never has been anything that I expect. What this site is is a collection of extremely talented people who have helped and do help each other and have the common interest of computing and programming in general. As far as political views go, I do not care what the views of anyone else here are, BUT I am not bothered at all by knowing what they are.  I enjoy getting to know ALL about these people who generally have this common interest, that begins with QB64PE but continues because of who each individual is.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
Terry, How did you get the picture of the video to show? When I try that, I usually just get the link.
I use the "Insert a video" button, choose youtube as the source then paste the URL.

See image below.

Attached Files Image(s)

There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
Thanks Terry.
Enough of all this rubbish about voting!
If someone wants to submit a new banner for consideration, let them! A few ( maybe 3) of the admin can decide if it's aceptable and is an improvement or presents a change for the better, and can then decide whether to change or not.
Of all the places on Earth, and all the planets in the Universe, I'd rather live here (Perth, W.A.) Big Grin
Please visit my Website at: http://oldendayskids.blogspot.com/
LOL

Looking at the outcome here:

Code: (Select All)
SMcNeill          9     29.03%
dbox          2     6.45%
bplus*          5     16.13%
sprezzo          2     6.45%
Pete          8     25.81%
KernalPanic     5     16.13%

Here is my 2c.

1. @SMcNeill should be forfeit because he owns stuff. It's fun to play along but this is like Michael Scott in the Office having a Sales contest, winning the contest, and awarding themselves. It's kinda silly. To this end mods and users should be eligible. That will solve the @SMcNeill thing, and I that seems fair? He was OK with this on Discord.

2. The @pete banner, while clever, does not fit the format or dimensions of the site. It needs to be a fixed size, etc. So while @pete was runner up to @SMcNeill his submission is also forfeit, and given how cool @pete is, we can safely assume he was having a laugh and won't mind? Pete if you do mind, then sorry to be the bad guy.

3. That leaves KernalPanic and bplus - a tie. Congratulations to both!

So...

Since #1 was the winner by total and was submitted by @SMcNeill, but he was OK with my approach of his entry not being eligible because he "owns the shop", the folks that voted for @SMcNeill could recast their votes for either @bplus or @KernalPanic to break the tie?

These folks voted for @SMcNeill:
@jcm, @NakedApe, @Norby Droid, @Stuart, @TerryRitchie, @Tim

Also the folks who voted for @pete could also recast their votes if they want to participate in the tie breaker:
@Dimster, @JRace, @RhoSigma, @Statsman1, @Steffan-68

If what I'm suggesting is not OK, or consensus finds this stupid, then we will just abort this contest and leave the existing banner up.

We need to stop being so cruel and petty to each other. This community is full of really talented, smart, and friendly people in my experience and I'm disappointed that I had to be pinged on Discord to come and post this stuff.

If we don't want to do the tie breaker on revotes to break tie because disqualifications, then I vote for @bplus and my vote would make 6. The reason I vote
for bplus is because I like the way it ties to code, and while the image is stretched, I am old and I like the matrix, and I like @bplus and his attitude and his helpfulness and I think he deserves my vote for those reasons. @KernalPanic is also a great member and his image is also very good but the matrix and "code-like" animation in @bplus won me over.

I'll let this simmer a while and come back. @pete, regardless of the drama would you like to know how to change the banner? It's just a setting in the admin thing. You have admin right?

Let's come together, or just drop it. Maybe we can all wear big-boy pants in the next season/contest.

Thanks!

In peace, and love.

grymmy
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
I ask that ya please remove my nake from the post.

1) I never voted

2) I don’t even know what is goin on since I don’t ever visit this forum.  I don’t even remember signing up for it 2 years ago to be honest.

3) as far as I know this project don’t even support xp, and I won’t ever use it.  I don’t wanna hear any scrap about xp unsupported stuff.  Win7 is unsupported too and it is worse than xp.

Thank you.
Grymmjack has a great solution and it makes good sense. +1 for that.
Tread on those who tread on you

I did vote for Kernelpanic, not for Pete.

KPs best fits the requirements, clearly illustrating "Spring" and "QB64-PE".

On the other side, although I always let the contests go and gave my vote, I never really did care about which banner I see. For me it's important that it doesn't steal the input focus (as the qbjs things did) and that a click on the banner brings me back to the board index.

Also, in the light that only 31 out of 350+ forum members did vote at all, it seems most people doesn't care, just like me. So all the artists can still share and contest in regular threads, but that's nothing which must affect the general forum look.

As for me, the current (original) forum banner is just fine for me and btw it's the ONLY one which blends with the chosen color theme, so I'm fine and out of it.