Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total Eclipse
(04-08-2024, 05:29 PM)bplus Wrote: ok you made me look, still fireball sun for me

I hope you got proper eye protection! We don't need the b in bplus standing for "blind"!
Tread on those who tread on you

(04-08-2024, 05:26 PM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote: I'm going to try my best to capture a timelapse of the solar eclipse today. We'll see how it turns out. I don't have my gimbal with me (ARGH! FORGOT!) but I can still just put it on my stand and hope for the best.

I bought me a little viewing lens for my phone to take photos of the eclipse so hopefully it works well. Not sure how it will turn out.
I have a solar filter for my Meade telescope but I don't have a camera mount for it. Share your video I would love to see the results.

(04-08-2024, 05:30 PM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote:
(04-08-2024, 05:29 PM)bplus Wrote: ok you made me look, still fireball sun for me

I hope you got proper eye protection! We don't need the b in bplus standing for "blind"!
I bought a package of eclipse glasses back in 2017 so I could see the partial eclipse. I still have about 20 left in the package. Going to pass a few out to the neighbors.
There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.
QB64 Tutorial
I remember the partial eclipse. That was fun. My manager bought us all glasses to watch it.

(04-08-2024, 05:21 PM)SpriggsySpriggs Wrote: Yep. I'm supposed to start seeing action at 1:49 or something, supposedly.
You should just now start seeing the action according to the eclipse tracker.
QB64 Tutorial
Ah ha, now I see the moon biting the sun ... spectacular!
QB64 Tutorial
yep it's definitely started
b = b + ...
about here now

b = b + ...
I find the posts interesting, but didn't it even say: Anything that has no connection to QB64 doesn't belong here?  
[Image: DonaldFR.jpg]
That was amazing! I was not expecting the corona to be so large and the whole eclipse image to be so large. Images do not do the real experience an ounce of credit. I'm still in awe over what I saw! I've seen plenty of partial eclipses but never something like this. My entire town erupted with everyone yelling and cheering when it happened.
QB64 Tutorial
I took some photos, a timelapse, and a video. The timelapse didn't do well because the camera refused to focus properly. Oh well. The video and photos turned out nicely, though.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C5gyJDAg76N/...FvbDEybWxp