Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple GUI
The original topic has been hijacked to be a topic about Inform.
InForm was GUI for QB64, how is that a hijack?
b = b + ...
(06-09-2022, 03:32 PM)RNBW Wrote: The original topic has been hijacked to be a topic about Inform.

Not a hijack; more like an alternate flight to the same destination.

Pete
Quote:The original topic has been hijacked to be a topic about Inform.

Of course that is not hijacked...that thing SimpleGUI from FB not work on qb64
also not work on linux even is presented as such from german page .
I personally dont care much about Inform i see it only as a tool...
for Windows we still have winApi so there is no need for any GUI lib...but 
for Linux...that inform is not very good..i mean not work properly
as far as i can found around.

So ..is there any other option than InForm for Linux?
SimpleGUI exists in two versions, one that uses the graphic commands of freebasic and works very well under linux and another one based on the api of windows and only compatible with the latter.
@Coolman
I'm not aware of a Linux compatible version of Lothar Schirm's Simple GUI for Freebasic. Lothar wrote it for Windows and I believe he no longer supports it. He now writes GUI Windows programs using Windows directly. If you have found a Linux version could you provide a link.
Hijack:
@Coolman's opening topic was nothing to do with Inform. Inform is a QB64 specific GUI with its own unique look. I have used it, but preferred the Windows look. @Coolman brought Simple GUI to notice and asked if anyone could convert it for QB64. The topics quickly changed to Inform. Nothing to do with the original topic.
If users wish to talk about Inform, please set up its own topic. It should be headed Inform and following users will be able to easily find it instead of it being hidden under the topic "Simple GUI".
In fact, I think it would be useful to have such a topic on the forum as was the case on the old forum.
Winge over. I've nothing else to say on the subject.
Where do you download Inform now?
https://www.freebasic-portal.de/download...i-356.html

note that I had given this link in my first post.
@Coolman
My apologies. I thought you were talking about Lothar Schirm's Simple GUI that was written using the Windows API. The Simple GUI you are referring to was written before this as an exercise by Lothar. I'll have a closer look at the code and see how easy it is to convert to QB64. If it can be done, it should also be applicable to Linux.

The GUI is mainly to produce buttons and boxes. It has a listbox, but not a combobox.

It shows I should have read more carefully what has been written, before jumping in with my own comments. I think I was just annoyed how the subject matter had moved on to Inform.