Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Happened?
(04-24-2022, 02:36 PM)dano Wrote: I am just so happy to see that QB64 is still with us and has not gone away.  Once the donation links are up again I will definitely contribute...

@dano

Forum costs are more or less trivial for us, at the moment, and we're not really asking for, nor expecting, any donations.  

You can read about what this is costing us here: Forum Costs and Donations (qb64phoenix.com)
Thank you for keeping QB64 alive. I have been a quiet end user using it for simple projects for personal use. Started BASIC with GWBASIC, then Turbo Basic from Borland, running on a fantastic 640KB RAM 8088 IBM XT Compatible quite a many years ago.

Just tried to download to write a quick program to get the answer to a challenging Maths problem and found that the links don't work. Thanks to wikipedia updated link, I found qb64phoenix. Thanks again for keeping it alive. Hope more developers will return or come on board.
Hi All,  I'm back as well  Smile 

Good to see there is a forum again.

I also spotted a working qb64 dot com,  this doesn't look like the frauded .net site?  What to expect, might that be a future place?
(04-27-2022, 09:17 AM)zaadstra Wrote: I also spotted a working qb64 dot com,  this doesn't look like the frauded .net site?  What to expect, might that be a future place?

What I meant is, there's also a github, and release downloads.  Are they safe to use?
It is confusing for people searching for the real thing.
qb64.com is currently pointing to the old repo. Seems they're going tobe making new videos for youtube, I think?

We're developing the *new* version of qb64.... Fixing broken links, restoring the wiki, rebuilding the forums -- that's all qb64phoenix.com. Wink
Looks a little like a schism in the making. Wink

I'm continuing with 2.1 and occasionally downloading Phoenix for testing. So far it hasn't compiled for me, but no hurry, 2.1 works in the meantime.
DO: LOOP: DO: LOOP
sha_na_na_na_na_na_na_na_na_na:
(04-27-2022, 01:12 PM)OldMoses Wrote: Looks a little like a schism in the making. Wink

I'm continuing with 2.1 and occasionally downloading Phoenix for testing. So far it hasn't compiled for me, but no hurry, 2.1 works in the meantime.

We're still sorting a few things out.  Our First Release missed uploading several files into the repo, which folks on Linux/Mac needed for things to work, but the prebuild Windows versions worked....  I think.

We've almost got everything sorted now.  Hope to have a fully working version back up for everyone by the end of the week.  Wink
Hello,
I have an offline version of the wiki from November 5, 2020, size 1.18GB. Can one use them?

Greeting Kernelpanic
(05-22-2022, 04:01 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: Hello,
I have an offline version of the wiki from November 5, 2020, size 1.18GB. Can one use them?

Greeting Kernelpanic

Many thanks for the offer, but we've got our wiki up and going and upgraded nicely now.  Smile
(05-22-2022, 04:01 PM)Kernelpanic Wrote: Hello,

Greeting Kernelpanic

Hello @Kernelpanic. if you can compress the file with 7zip with the maximum compression to reduce the size, it would be cool to provide a download link.