Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DrumMachine v1 - Drum pattern maker using real drum sounds
Dav, if you want to see what I meant about moving the graphic map, I just made an example using Felippe's old code, with my own map, here:

https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=472
Heart 
(05-16-2022, 04:04 PM)Dav Wrote: DrumMachine v1 is a beat maker prototype for designing drum patterns using real drum samples.  With it you can program beats (limited to 2 bars of 4/4 now).  It uses 16 real drum sounds to make realistic sounding patterns.  The drum patterns can be saved and loaded (it's a file named DRUMMACHINE.SAV).  This version has limited capabilities and was made to see if QB64 can handle many sounds this way, and it looks like it can.  The real drum sound samples were all found in public domain. 

The attached version is new - I fixed a problem with the one that was posted on the old forum - the mouse click no longer delays the playback, so it doesn't stutter anymore.

I'm currently working on version 2 which has more capabilities.

- Dav

Dude!

You are incredibly talented. LOVE THIS and found through Tankdrum post and your sig link.

Kick ass man!!!!

I'm definitely going to make a video review of your music stuff! <3

If you are open to it, I draw and can make GUIs and stuff, maybe we could collaborate on some cool music projects written in QB64?
grymmjack (gj!)
GitHubYouTube | Soundcloud | 16colo.rs
@Dav

Your drum machine is SICK!!!

Do you accept PRs? or FRs?

You shared a zip not a github project, that's fine, but was curious.

This is very fun to use. I was thinking a couple of things that could be really fun.

If you made ENTER quantized to a 16th note. This way we could do crazy manual fills and repeats and stuff. (think like fatboy slim style)

If you made a loop start and end point.

If you added a way to simply give the song a name, then save it, like you have in tank drum Smile

You rock man. This is killer.

I have lots more ideas but I don't want to become "THAT" guy.

REALLY GREAT WORK!!!
grymmjack (gj!)
Thanks @grymmjack! Glad you like it.  Before I stopped working on this I was adding a feature to allow more than 2 measures.  And a file saving/loading system like on tankdrum.  Also was adding an output to WAV that Petr figured out a couples years ago. There are a lot of things that could be added. 

I had to stop coding for a while - my dad got sick and required 24/7 care, which I was doing.  That’s why I haven’t been posting here lately.  He passed away a few weeks ago.  Sure do miss my dad.  Still adjusting to a different life, and still haven’t got back into coding yet. When I do this one will me near the top of my list to work on again.

(I’m not sure what PRs and FRs are...)

- Dav

Find my programs here in Dav's QB64 Corner
(06-03-2023, 07:38 PM)Dav Wrote: Thanks @grymmjack! Glad you like it.  Before I stopped working on this I was adding a feature to allow more than 2 measures.  And a file saving/loading system like on tankdrum.  Also was adding an output to WAV that Petr figured out a couples years ago. There are a lot of things that could be added. 

I had to stop coding for a while - my dad got sick and required 24/7 care, which I was doing.  That’s why I haven’t been posting here lately.  He passed away a few weeks ago.  Sure do miss my dad.  Still adjusting to a different life, and still haven’t got back into coding yet. When I do this one will me near the top of my list to work on again.

(I’m not sure what PRs and FRs are...)

- Dav

I'm so sorry for your loss, Dav.

Please, ignore the computer and surround yourself with humans who love you and can give you sympathy.

FR = feature request
PR = pull request

PR is github specific. Don't sweat it.

Be still and let the Lord's light and love carry you.
grymmjack (gj!)