Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64pe version 3.0 released!
(08-31-2022, 05:01 PM)Coolman Wrote: there is a bug. in the compilelog.txt file, I find the two options -O3 and -O2 while I checked Compile programm with C++ optimization flag and specified -O3...

g++ -O3 -O2 -w -std=gnu++11 -DFREEGLUT_STATIC...

That's the intended behavior. The "Compile Program with C++ Optimization flag" checkbox basically is just asking whether you want to compile with "-O2" or not, that's all it does. It's really there for those that aren't comfortable with gcc flags, and also as a suggested optimization level that we could potentially change in the future.

If you are specifying a different optimization flag in the field for custom flags then you should leave the optimization checkbox unchecked, that leaves you free to use any settings you want Smile
indeed. i just realized it. thank you for your answer.
at each start of version 3.0.0, qb64 adds in the config.ini file a new section as below :

[IDE WINDOW 2]

[IDE COLOR SETTINGS 2]

[IDE WINDOW 3]

[IDE COLOR SETTINGS 3]

[IDE WINDOW 4]

[IDE COLOR SETTINGS 4]

and the editor uses other colors...

is there any way to fix the editor's colors once and for all ?
Good work! So far no error found. . . maybe I can find another one.  Tongue

Oh yeah, one should be able to embed a video like in VB. Videos in Basic
(09-01-2022, 02:04 PM)Coolman Wrote: at each start of version 3.0.0, qb64 adds in the config.ini file a new section as below :

[IDE WINDOW 2]

[IDE COLOR SETTINGS 2]

[IDE WINDOW 3]

[IDE COLOR SETTINGS 3]

[IDE WINDOW 4]

[IDE COLOR SETTINGS 4]

no solution ??
(09-02-2022, 08:23 AM)Coolman Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 02:04 PM)Coolman Wrote: at each start of version 3.0.0, qb64 adds in the config.ini file a new section as below :

[IDE WINDOW 2]

[IDE COLOR SETTINGS 2]

[IDE WINDOW 3]

[IDE COLOR SETTINGS 3]

[IDE WINDOW 4]

[IDE COLOR SETTINGS 4]

no solution ??

[IDE WINDOW 2/3/4/and on] -- these you wouldn't want to mess with, even if you could.

Code: (Select All)
[IDE WINDOW 1]
IDE_Width=113
IDE_Height=45
IDE_TopPosition=398
IDE_LeftPosition=821

As you can see from the above, what it stores for you is the IDE size (in this as 113 characters wide and 45 characters high), and where it pops up on the screen when you start up the program (at screen position 398,821).   Unless you'd expect all your IDE windows to be the exact same size, and stack perfectly on top of each other, you can expect these values to change.   Two windows at the top of a 1920,1080 screen, each using up half of it, would have TopPosition 0, but their LeftPositions woudl be at 0 and 960 respectively.

As for the color scheme itself, it doesn't seem like it'd be a stretch to add a little checkbox to the IDE for "Use Color Scheme for all QB64 instances", and then allow you to have all your various IDE windows start with whatever you choose for your color scheme.  Make a request for it as an enhancement in the github, and someone will get around to looking into it when they have a little free time for it.  (Without those requests, we're human -- we tend to forget over time what others have asked about.  Tacking a request in the github is a real good way to make certain that your suggestion doesn't get lost in time.)
thank you for your answer. well. while waiting for a correction, i used the config.ini file of the version 0.5.0 that i use and i adapted it to the version 3.0.0. it works. i think that i have tested enough this new version which seems to me stable. i will use it exclusively.
Hello,

I just donwloaded the latest version of QB64PE for Windows 64 (qb64pe_win-x64-3.0.0.7z) and unfortunately it can't extract completely on Windows 11 (multiple CRC errors).

Then the qb64pe.exe crashes with a message: UNEXPECTED INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR! Caused by (or after): LINE 0:

Same thing with the 32 bit version (many corrupted files).

May I have the cheksum values of these files?

TIA.
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue
(09-04-2022, 12:55 AM)Fifi Wrote: Hello,

I just donwloaded the latest version of QB64PE for Windows 64 (qb64pe_win-x64-3.0.0.7z) and unfortunately it can't extract completely on Windows 11 (multiple CRC errors).

Then the qb64pe.exe crashes with a message: UNEXPECTED INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR! Caused by (or after): LINE 0:

Same thing with the 32 bit version (many corrupted files).

May I have the cheksum values of these files?

TIA.

For `qb64pe_win-x64-3.0.0.7z`, the MD5 is `3d6d685d5d65d734126f151a69920e4f` and the SHA256 is `7896384a846d04371ea86dcb8c3df4d57a0b2f9ad08b2a243622d74382aa4f4a`.
Rainbow 
Congratulations for the release of QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.0, better late than never, but now that it's upped one release even better! :tu: