Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.3.0 Released!
@SMcNeill Those pictures look like WW I mustard gas burns.  Or some other chemical burns, very nasty.
(10-14-2022, 06:01 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote:
(10-14-2022, 12:53 AM)bplus Wrote: Back on topic too I downloaded win x64-3.3.0.7z today and 2 x's it looked as if downloaded 100% and a folder was created in download section but I go to close browser and told not done downloading?? It sat there at 100% for some time doing nothing so I closed anyway and folder disappears. We had this problem before.

Anyway 3rd time instead of closing browser I started the 7z extraction while the folder was showing, got the QB64 Folder up and then everything seemed to work including not being told again it wasn't done downloading.
I'm really glad I'm not on Windows11... this is just ridiculous. Now QB64PE is being flagged even before it could be completely downloaded, not just after it could be fired up for the first time? This "not done downloading" happened to me a few times with M$'s crap browser, but with trying to download something else apparently not malicious. Firefox could be infuriating to use on Linux downloading then opening a ZIP then trying to extract from that ZIP or anything else, and cannot make a copy of the ZIP.

I guess it's useless going into "cmd.exe" terminal to use "wget" instead, M$ might decide to block that.

Not on Windows 11 and Browser neither Fox nor Edge, as I said this happened before at the other forum awhile ago.
I do confess I was reloading a new SS drive on refurbished computer.

Well who has downloaded this version to Win 10 without incident?
b = b + ...
Quote:Well who has downloaded this version to Win 10 without incident?

I didn't have any problems.
I have no issues on Windows 11 and have pretty much never had any issues with QB64 and security except when using it on a work PC. On a personal computer, no issues. I wouldn't even know how to recreate the issues y'all end up having with these things. I'm not even on any Insider builds anymore. Strictly stable. Never once had any issues with the downloading or running of QB64pe.
Tread on those who tread on you

(10-14-2022, 04:43 PM)Gets Wrote: >Well who has downloaded this version to Win 10 without incident?

I didn't have any problems.

Thankyou, I tried with my good computer and right, just fine!

I tried again with refurbished again and that too ran fine.

Yesterday, Windows had a load of updates after starting up first time at my house yesterday.
After the QB64pe download attempts and more setup stuff, Windows had another load of updates to do, this was after I did get pe going with 3rd try described above. So maybe something got fixed then.

Summary: working fine now for me too though I haven't tried any runs just new sets of files extracted.
b = b + ...
Got an issue on this release under OS X that I didn't seem to have on the previous. This error shows up when attempting to compile via QB64.
Code: (Select All)
make: *** No rule to make target `internal/temp/data1', needed by `internal/c/qbx.o'.  Stop.
I re-ran the installer script and noticed that it also appears during installation, but no other errors.
Yeah that looks like some kind of bug, I'll investigate later. Did you code have any DATA statements in it?
(10-15-2022, 07:36 PM)DSMan195276 Wrote: Yeah that looks like some kind of bug, I'll investigate later. Did you code have any DATA statements in it?

Not at all. I don't think I'm able to compile anything anymore. I'm wondering if just reinstalling those xcode tools would do it, haven't given that a shot.
Would you mind going to around line 158 in the `Makefile` file and add this line?

$(info Files $(wildcard $(PATH_INTERNAL)/temp$(TEMP_ID)/*.txt))

After that's added a list of files should then end up in `./internal/temp/compilelog.txt` when you attempt to compile something, if you could give that to me it would be helpful.

Additionally, are you able to successfully compile again if you manually delete the contents of `./internal/temp`? I don't think that should fix it but it's worth a shot.

For reference, the name of the file is supposed to be `internal/temp/data1.txt`, but your error indicates the `Makefile` was instead expecting `internal/temp/data1` (no extension) for some reason. Unfortunately I don't really have any ideas as to why that would happen.
Added that line to 158 (was blank), error when running qb64pe setup slightly changed to::
make: *** No rule to make target `internal/temp/chain', needed by `internal/c/qbx.o'.  Stop.
Deleted internal/temp/* and I was able to compile! Though silly me, didn't check that before deleting temp files, maybe was already fixed.
Ran qb64pe setup again:
make: *** No rule to make target `internal/temp/data257', needed by `internal/c/qbx.o'.  Stop.