Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.6.0 Released!
(02-27-2023, 08:32 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: I repeats: https://qb64phoenix.com/forum/showthread...6#pid13906

Hmm... extra pixels eh? 

How about a form of the old "what would Jesus do" question: what did the old QB64 do? How was it handled before? I never noticed any extra pixels, maybe I just didn't notice? 

One idea: how about instead of black, let the color be configurable? Maybe default to the titlebar color? 

Good luck!
(02-28-2023, 01:17 PM)madscijr Wrote: One idea: how about instead of black, let the color be configurable? Maybe default to the titlebar color? 

It would still look bad and some people would rather have that extra space disappear. The thing is that the QB64 IDE apes an ancient text-mode graphics program which relied on a monospaced font. Sometimes you can't win them all, give away one thing to receive another...

Hmmm somebody download the "qb64-dot-com" version and see if it's the same.

But alas this happens in Linux also! This from Manjaro KDE:
[Image: top-gap-manjaro-kde.png]
Thumbs Up 
(02-28-2023, 06:18 AM)DSMan195276 Wrote:
(02-27-2023, 04:49 PM)bplus Wrote: It's a bug when the mouse clicks are misaligned the same as the gap. I don't know if it still happens because I got in habit not using a maximized window.

Yeah it does seem like somethings wrong. The black bar is normal when the dimensions are wrong, but I think it's supposed to be on the _bottom_ of the window. And it sounds like the mouse is acting as though the bar is not there, so effectively everything is offset (which doesn't surprise me).

I'm trying it myself and seeing the same behavior, but my older versions seem to do the same thing. I did notice that if I maximize QB64-PE when it's already the correct size then the black bar is on the bottom (you can achieve that by maximizing QB64-PE and then exiting it while maximized. When you start it again it will have retained the maximized size). Not sure what it means Big Grin but clearly it's not consistent at the very least.

+1 @DSMan195276  Thanks for seeing this and looking into it. Yes, this problem has been around for awhile.
Fortunately it seems more convenient to develop code in less than full screen mode anyway and probably why there is so little notice of the problem.
(02-27-2023, 04:49 PM)bplus Wrote: It's a bug when the mouse clicks are misaligned the same as the gap. I don't know if it still happens because I got in habit not using a maximized window.

Yeah it does seem like somethings wrong. The black bar is normal when the dimensions are wrong, but I think it's supposed to be on the _bottom_ of the window. And it sounds like the mouse is acting as though the bar is not there, so effectively everything is offset (which doesn't surprise me).

I'm trying it myself and seeing the same behavior, but my older versions seem to do the same thing. I did notice that if I maximize QB64-PE when it's already the correct size then the black bar is on the bottom (you can achieve that by maximizing QB64-PE and then exiting it while maximized. When you start it again it will have retained the maximized size). Not sure what it means Big Grin but clearly it's not consistent at the very least.

b = b + ...
Sorry, forum Quote thing is screwy as hell, can't fix the above reply with edits..

Maybe another try here:
DSMan195276

Quote:bplus
Quote:It's a bug when the mouse clicks are misaligned the same as the gap. I don't know if it still happens because I got in habit not using a maximized window.

+1 @DSMan195276  Thanks for seeing this and looking into it. Yes, this problem has been around for awhile.
Fortunately it seems more convenient to develop code in less than full screen mode anyway and probably why there is so little notice of the problem.
b = b + ...
Thank you to all the Devs for this new release and special thanks to mkilgore for fixing the problem on macOS High Sierra.

Thanks again. Wink

Cheers.
Fifi
Before to send the arrow of truth, dip the head in a honey pot (Cheyenne saying).
Don't tell my Mom I'm on iMac with macOS, she thinks I work on PC with Windows. Tongue
(02-28-2023, 03:27 PM)bplus Wrote: Fortunately it seems more convenient to develop code in less than full screen mode anyway and probably why there is so little notice of the problem.

I don't see how it is more convenient to see less code. Unless you mean your screen is technically maximized without actually being maximized.
Tread on those who tread on you

(03-01-2023, 09:28 PM)Balderdash Wrote:
(02-28-2023, 03:27 PM)bplus Wrote: Fortunately it seems more convenient to develop code in less than full screen mode anyway and probably why there is so little notice of the problem.

I don't see how it is more convenient to see less code. Unless you mean your screen is technically maximized without actually being maximized.

I find it more convenient to only use part of the screen for my IDE.  The rest of the screen might have a calculator open, or the wiki in a browser, or a reference page to some specification which I'm working with, or the forums, or.....
For information: the Arch-based Linux distros are starting to ask for "make" again at "setup_lnx.sh" run. This happened to me on Manjaro KDE v22.0.4 "Sikaris".
(03-01-2023, 11:48 PM)SMcNeill Wrote: I find it more convenient to only use part of the screen for my IDE.  The rest of the screen might have a calculator open, or the wiki in a browser, or a reference page to some specification which I'm working with, or the forums, or.....

I'm surprised you aren't working with multiple monitors.
Tread on those who tread on you

Information 
On Bunsen Labs Beryllium (Debian "Bullseye" clone) the Curl-OpenSSL combination development library has to be installed separately from Makefile.

Code: (Select All)
sudo apt install libcurl4-openssl-dev