Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB64 Phoenix Edition v3.6.0 Released!
(03-02-2023, 11:44 AM)mnrvovrfc Wrote: For information: the Arch-based Linux distros are starting to ask for "make" again at "setup_lnx.sh" run. This happened to me on Manjaro KDE v22.0.4 "Sikaris".

It happened on Manjaro but didn't on EndeavourOS which is strange. I was forced to do over what I had with EndeavourOS KDE "Cassini", install online only because the ISO is almost three months old and would allow only XFCE desktop. This one should carry "make" since it's more terminal-focused than Manjaro and includes a few tools for developers such as Meld. Nevertheless, the particular "devel" libraries required by QB64PE still have to be applied.

EDIT: might have to install Yad or Zenity for the fancy dialogs. What sucks is that while using the QB64 IDE, upon "Open File" command the dialog could appear behind the IDE which could be annoying. Moreover, the Yad one doesn't offer a way to save the settings of its dialog. The size it sets is too small for my taste. On my installation of Manjaro KDE, Yad wants approximately 10MiB more than Zenity of dependencies.